Dad has new MET site

KatieB

Dad's lung are clear...interestingly enough, he has been told that he has mets to his clavical (sp) right shoulder. He's been in alot of pain. Don't know how many or how big yet as I have to call to get the info tomorrow. He has an appoint with a radiologist Monday. He's not seen one before. Needless to say we are shattered at the news. Thought surely that this chemo was still working...now we know that even though the lungs are clear- the chemo is not working any longer. Now WHAT? It's a whole new ballgame for us now. Bless you all. Thanks for the ear.

Katie, scenario not too dissimilar to Lucie. When she completed her chemo, a new bone met was found on her sacrum. Her lungs were clear, too. Radiation took care of that one. So here's to success in your dad's case also. Lucie is on Zometa (once a month IV) to help prevent further bone mets. Blessings. Don

Dear Sweet Katie,

I am so sorry you and your dad and family have to go through this. I know how devasting it is. I dont have to tell you this cause I know you know, they can start him on a different regimen and that one can work. So hang in there and dont jump to any conclusions.

Dear Katie,

Clear Lungs is fantastic news!!!

It seems to me that radiation works best on bones and brain mets. Where your dad has the mets in his shoulder they should be able to spot treat that without hurting any other organs.

I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs, Shelly

Dear Katie---so sorry for your bad news of the new met--however, the lungs being clear are a great sign---so progress is being made

please keep us posted

regards Eileen

nscl stage 1A lobectomy June 2000

Clear lungs seems to be GREAT news!!! Radiation can truly work wonders for bone mets and does a wonderful job of alleviating pain associated with the mets. I know you have to worry when anything new pops up! You and your family are constantly in my prayers. So glad we finally heard from you...we were all worried!

Dear Sweet Katie,

I'm with everyone else here that the fact that Dad has clear lungs is GREAT NEWS! Now they just have to clear up that bugger on his right shoulder and I for one am hopeful that radiation treatments can do that.

Or a different chemo?! Just another bump in the road Sweetie. I know those bumps are very frustration and sickening, but maybe they can get around it in an easy simple treatment way. My fingers and toes are crossed and I'm always saying prayers.

Sure hope they can get his pain under control. (((((((((KATIE)))))))

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Katie,

Sorry to hear the news. I feel this is what is happening to buddy too. he has been complaining about this for a long time now. he can't have an mri because of the clamp in his brain from the anuerysm.

let us know how the radiation treatment goes, he probably will get 10 treatments. For buddy the treatments helped his brain mets but not the rib mets.

After the radiation they will probably start him on another type of chemo. per buddy's onc, they will keep trying to arrest it as long as the patient's body can take it....never know when one will take and kill that ugly disease.....

Katie,

I will be praying for you and your dad regarding this new development of mets to his shoulder. You may remember reading some his stuff earlier, but I found that Sam has some posts regarding radiation that seem to explain terms and dosages in an understandable way. I know you are the type of person who wants to be fully informed.

My father-in-law started out with the cancer in both lung and shoulder. Interestingly the larger area on the shoulder was gone when he went into the radiologist for his first visit. We had been praying like crazy as we all do and he had also gone down to Texas to see relatives who took him to some healing site for the Catholic Church before starting any treatments. We give full credit to that spot disappearing to the Lord! He then had the chest radiation after the chemo for the area in his lung.

Take care and keep positive. My latest advice from some friends is to watch funny movies. Smiling sure can't hurt anyone! :D

God bless you and your dad!!!

Karen

Guest canuckwebgrrl

KatieB,

I'm sorry you got some bad news, but keep in mind that there are lots of different chemo drugs. Maybe different drugs or radiation is the answer. I'm sure you & your Dad will keep up your inspirational fighting this :twisted: , and I'm wishing for you a great plan of attack!!

I'm glad we finally heard from you. You've been on my mind since you mentioned your dad had an appointment on Monday. As others have said, clear lungs is wonderful news! I pray that the doctors can control your dad's pain, and find a new treatment that will work for him. There seems to be so many different options as far as treatment goes. It's just a matter of finding one that will continue to work for your dad. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dear Katie and Dad-

So sorry to hear of the turn of events in this cancer journey and the anxiety that the news reawakens. I'm counting on the radiology to help with this new development. Keep hanging on tightly; praying for you every day.