Totally Off topic....

Treebywater

I just baked a BEAUTIFUL French Apple Pie with apples that I picked myself today. It's Mom's recipe. :) I like baking with Mom's recipes. It makes me feel like I'm doing something with her.

I wonder if it'll taste better because I picked the apples myself? I think so.

Anyway... I don't get to sample it until tomorrow, but it looks delicious! :)

Who wants pie?

:D

I know just what you mean, Val. I STILL look at one particular recipe of my mom's...lemon bisque. Made it once but it wasn't quite as good as hers. Now I just like to take out the recipe and look at it...written in her handwriting :D .

Now about that pie...YES...apples you pick yourself do make a better pie and I am certainly ready for a piece! Maybe a little vanilla ice creaam on top????

Love to you and Carolyn too,

Kasey

Val, you are amazing. I just love that you find joy and happiness in your daily life. Instead of being glum, you choose to root out joy. I just love that about you!

FYI.. I kept a jar of my g'ma's homemade pickles for about 15 years before I threw them away. If G'ma knew that she would have thought it was so stupid and wasteful not to have eaten them. I just had trouble parting with something that she had touched all over...; her pretty pickles with her handwriting on a stamp with the date and all. Anyway. We girls are more sentimental than the guys for the most part, don't you think?

We have some very special hand written recipes we keep too. I make sure all the recipes I have written myself are duplicated for my children...

* On another note I have another way for all of you to eat Val's apple pie with ice cream...I love to make my kids waffle cones. It's a great treat to put a small scoop of that ice cream in the cone, then a scoop of the apple pie then another scoop of ice cream on top with whipped cream and a cherry! Try it, you can even eat it on you way out the door to deliver a baby, or whatever you do! :lol: