Getting to Know You - October 2

Ann

Tell us about the last time you laughed so hard that it made you cry?

PS...If you haven't done that in a long time, maybe some of the answers to this question will make you laugh that hard!

I used to laugh all the time, I was known for uncontrollable laugther and turning red and not being able to breathe. Has not happened in a long time........

But on Fri night, my husband decided to imitate me. Now Brian is typically VERY quiet. At my wedding, my matron of honor said that what Brian says without words means more than what many people say.

I am in love with our new hardwood floors in the bedroom (he is not as much of a hardwood fan) and I could not stop laughing as he was imitating things that I do. And to make matters worse, I had a big dinner and I felt so full and I was laughing and holding my t ummy :)

Now remember, you ASKED for this!

There have been many times lately that I have laughed 'til I teared up, the last time I laughed so hard I cried and almost wet my pants was on my honeymoon...

Mark and I went to New Orleans for our honeymoon in 2002 - two nights in New Orleans, a seven day cruise and another night in New Orleans.

New Orleans has many little shops and many smut/fetish shops. I had my palm read in one of the voodoo shops, but that doesn't figure into this tale...

Being on a honeymoon, I decided to drag my dear spouse into one of the smut shops: lingerie, "marital aids", leather goods, you name it. I was looking at this stretch lace thing that was a nightie and would hit me in the shins. Sure looked awful small and I told my hubby that I didn't think it would fit. The man behind the counter assured me it would...

I still didn't think so, and voiced that, to which the cashier/owner stated, "We fit all kinds here".

I looked again at this little thing and asked if he was sure it would fit me - he points to my guy and says, "We fit ALL KINDS here."

My spousal unit is about as hairy as they come, and just imagining him in the little white lace thing with his chest hairs mashed down and popping out threw me into a laughing fit that was probably heard to both ends of Bourbon Street! (No, I didn't buy it, after all, if it could fit him, he might think he could wear it to bed like I do with his T-shirts!)

..and I'm sure that's a better story than the antics of my little dog who is part monkey, part goat and part human!

It involved my best friend of 20 years, a bottle of wine, and a completely "inappropriate" movie. Let's just say, I never thought I'd see Neil Patrick Harris do such a thing. :shock:

I came close last week. My 8-year old son was getting ready for his initiation into the world of standardized testing. His teacher told him they would be taking the Iowa tests the next week. He panicked and blurted out, "But Mrs. Holmes...I know NOTHING about Iowa!" :lol:

I'm so lucky to be surrounded by fun folks.

:) Kelly

Two weeks ago when I went shopping with my sister and her daughter right before my neice's wedding. We had a great time and tried on things that were not our styles in the least. The look on everyone's faces as one by one we took our turns showing off the "newest" styles. We even had the saleslady laughing.

Nina

It happens to me all the time. Not every day, but almost every day, and I live alone!!

Last time was yesterday, J.C. sent a quip about her friend in New Zealand and her dog and the persnickety neighbor. She is sooooo funny, that Jackie! She has me rolling in stitches quite often! I just love her for that.

The time before was Three Wishes on Friday night. It was the premiere. I was grinning from ear to ear and laughing at these crazy little boys and their antics, and then crying and then belly laughing. Just a whole lot of pure joy! I am going to watch that show every week. I adored it! It brought out the best im ME!

Good question, Ann!

Cindi o'h

Good question Ann,

As many of you know by now I am a licensed midwife. We deliver babies at home which means us midwives deal with EVERYTHING concerning birth. (Warning: if you don't want to hear more turn back now) A bunch of us midwives were sitting at a restaurant visiting and sharing our birth stories when a waitress come to our table and quietly asked if we could keep the discussions about placenta to a minimum as it was disturbing to the group of men in the corner. We looked over and noticed it was a group of doctors! We all laughed so hard I think someone did pee their pants.

One more...

Since my husband's chemo it sometimes hurts to brush his teeth. I decided to purchase new tooth brushes for the kids and a softer one for him. His was a simple soft bristled toothbrush so it would be gentle to his teeth. The four for my boys were the new electric kind to encourage good dental hygeine. While working on his radio control airplanes, I went in to talk to him after putting everything else from my grocery trip away. Much to my surprise there was one of my childen's toothbrushes with the stationary bristles cut off and a piece of sandpaper glued to the vibrating bristles being used as a mini sander!

Nope! I didn't have the heart to tell him THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS TOOTHBRUSH!!

my boyfriend, who's reserved and quiet with others but not with me, started singing a song from an Irish children's television program which I'd never heard. it's hard to convey here, but the accent, the lyrics to the song (something about "here comes the wagon, the wonderly wonderly wagon"), the voice he used and his biker-dude exterior just made it all so hilarious.

what matters is that it's my partner that makes me laugh like this. I love him for it.

xoxo

bunny

it was more recent than I thought. My mom and stepdad were here for the summer (they winter in Florida). the whole family was over their house for dinner, myself, my husband Alan, my sister and her 2 girls (my most wonderful nieces.) well I had notice my mom had put some cookies in a plastic jar. The lable read Dried Mushrooms (I am actually laughing as I am typing this). well after dinner my mom put the cookies on a plate. I picked one up and started eating, but my nieces never made a move for the cookies. (apparently they saw them in the "mushroom" jar also). well Carley (the oldest) finally asked if those were the "mushroom" cookies. when everyone figured out what they were talking about is was probably a good 15 minutes before we stopped laughing. Boy did it feel good. It had been too long since we all laughed like that. Thank you Ann, my day just started out that much better because I remembered that story!!!!

Debbie

Husband Alan DX with LSCLC Jan 10th 2005

Well usually when I laugh that hard it is from watching my daughter laugh. She laughs so hard, she has tears streaming, a great infectious belly laugh so that when she starts, everyone starts to laugh. You may not even know what she's laughing at.

If not Caitlin, it's work. We have too much fun at work sometimes. I have a girl that does our payroll that has a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor (like me). Anyway, she had an employee that had put bereavement pay on their time sheet and she had a question about it so she called the employee. The employee explained to her that the person wasn't dead yet, they were on life support. She hung up the phone and says "death is still required for bereavement right, we didn't change that policy did we?" We all cracked up.

I have a good friend that is a very sophisticated lady and she likes her booze a lot. We were out, at a fairly ritzy affair, and she came back into the room with a long trail of toilet tissue stringing along behind. I was laughing uncontrollably but she handles the occasion with her usual style and grace. She just turned and in a very lady-like manner, flipped her hand upwards and grabbed the paper. This trail was several feet long and still attached to tthe roll!!!

Brian's grandaughter, (our favorite...........shhh), asked me what her grandpa calls me.

I told her that he calls me Pat or Honey or mostly Sweet P.

Gabrielle, in wisdom born of all her 8 years said:

"Well, Grandma Pat, if he was a 'real man', he would call you CHICKIE".

We have no idea where this theory came from or the thought processes that inspired it.................We only know that we could not breathe 'good' for a really long time.

Gabby is an absolute HOOT!

Enjoyed reading all these -- chuckle chuckle!

The other day Lucie and I were at Wendy's having lunch with a good friend. The friend had gone off to get some napkins, when I leaned over the table and kissed Lucie on the forehead. The friend came back just in time to say, "What are you two doing?" I said very loudly, "We're makin' out!" Well, the whole place broke out in laughter, including us. Don