I'm a newby

Hi Manda,

Welcome to our group. Sorry you had to find us, but glad that you did. As you see by the posts we are very supportive and very knowledgable.

Feel free to ask us anything that may be bothering you.

LC is not a death sentence, so put that out of your mind. There are many survivores of SCLC here.

I am glad that he is comfortable with his docs, as they are his lifeline. They seem to have a plan and that is good.

I know how hard this is for you because it is so new and you are scared. It will get easier when he starts his treatments.

Keep us posted. You may want to put a profile in form him that will appear in the bottome of you posts so we will know his progress.

Hang in there it will get better. You are not alone.

Maryanne

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since i've been on here so just wanted to give you all an update. Dad has completed his chemo. Wednesday will be the last day of radiation. Also on Wednesday he gets a CT scan done so i guess we will find out how much it helped then. Daddy will be 52 on Friday November 4th. Just wanted to say thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. You are all in my prayers as well. Does anyone know of any events going on in Indiana this month for LCA??

Manda,

I missed your post when you first came on the board, so I just wanted to add my welcome to the rest. I would be interested in knowing what chemo your dad was on and how many treatments etc. If you can, a profile would help us keep track.

Again, welcome to our family.

Nina

Hi Manda,

Welcome to LCSC. I hope you hear really good results this afternoon from your dad's scans. We all worry a lot at scan time and usually feel a lot better after we get the results because things are either better or you at least know what you need to fight in the months ahead.

I noticed you are in Indiana. I live in Indiana, too, and I would guess that you are probably close to my son's age. He's 28. Where do you live in Indiana? If you don't want to post it publically, send me a PM and we can compare Indiana doctors or something. :)

Take care, Manda, and keep us posted.

Love,

Peggy

Welcome! I am sorry that you have to be here but very happy that you found us- You will find so much help and support here as I have-

I know that you are scared right now- Cancer is a scary beast and it is hard for us to deal with when we can't have the answers "yesterday"- hang in there honey- and use us for support-

Don't hesitate to get yourself a little micro- recorder to record visits with the oncologist and other physicians that caring for your dad. You will find being able to "rewind" so useful as you will no doubt get information overload!!

Write down questions as they come to you before going to the appointments- it is easy to get overwhelmed during an appointment causing us to forget those questions......

I have all my fingers crossed for the results today- Your dad is a lucky man to have such a caring daughter-

Wow! We got some great news yesterday guys! REMISSION!! I know we still have a long road ahead but that word is so encouraging. The tumor has went from being the size of a baseball to roughly the size of a nickel. Dad is still pretty weak from the treatments but is done with them for now doc said. There will be another scan in 3 months to see how it's doing. Just wanted to let you all know and THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS.

I just want to welcome you here to our group and assure you that you will find many caring and informative people here that have all experenced many of the same fears. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions or just talk. That's why we are here!