La Dolce Vita Pass, please!

Leslie221

Guess what? Mark and I are going to Rome Saturday for 2 weeks!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Way back in January when Mark thought I might not be around long, he signed me up for a make-a-wish organization (I'm stage IV, so I qualify.) My/our dream has always been to go to Pompeii. Well, they're sending us to Rome-- paying the round-trip airfare and our lodging! I am so excited!! Will take lots and lots of photos and will keep a diary on the trip.

I have known about this for some time, but have felt guilty sharing the news because there are so many women out there who deserve something lovely, too. This organization (Her Heart's Wish) is only for women diagnosed with any type of stage IV cancer. I'm not planning on them getting the gift anytime soon, but I have put them in my will so I can pay back this unbelievable gift. (They assure me I don't have to pay them back even if I live to be 100! :wink: )

We leave Oct 8 and return Oct 23. Everyone accumulate nothing but good news while I'm gone. Okay!

Ciao! 8)

Leslie

What an incredible gift. Take it and run and don't look back!!!

In May, after my diagnosis, My best friend and her husband took their entire company on a cruise, and they took my husband and I and the kids too!!! It was Mothers Day weekend so it was really special.

Then a few weeks later my friends "sponsored" my family on a trip to Disney world. 4 days, top notch hotel, character dinners and breakfast, lunch in the castle!!! It was the first time we had taken the kids to Disney...It was amazing to see the wonder in their eyes. I felt so blessed, a wonderful family, friends, Mickey and all it took was a little thing like lung cancer to make me see it and appreciate it!!!

Soak up all the goodness this world has to offer. You have earned it, God wants you to, and so do the incrediblely generous people who gave it to you.

Vicky

Leslie,

You are one of the most positive and upbeat people I have ever met. You SOOOOOO deserve this trip. As a matter of fact, I couldnt think of anyone more deserving. You are a special gift from GOD. I am so thankful I have had the opportunity to read your posts and be encouraged by your positive outlook on life. Thank you for that!!!

I pray that you will have a positive and unforgettable 2 weeks.

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

Oh, Leslie, I'm so happy for you! This is great! Make sure that you remember all of the details so you can tell us all about everything! What a nice organization this is! You really deserve this!!!

very excited that you are going, Leslie.. I remember that you talked about travelling awhile back..

It is the good life! Tell those people thank you from me!

say hi to ginny if you cross paths. (she will be the one with a bottle of wine under one arm and another in the other hand....that girl loves her wine.)

love, Cindi o'h

Leslie,

I am responding to you from the internet at my hotel in Sorrento. Went to Pompeii on Sunday, it was absolutely amazing. The Amalfi coast is the most gorgeous coastline in th world. Leaving tomorrow a.m. for Rome.

May you have a wonderful time, full of good food, good laughs and good memories.

Thank you, everybody! :D

I mean, grazie!

Can't wait to go. One sort of bummer - Mark had to give up alcohol a year ago for health (and sanity) reasons. He hasn't had any problem giving it up, but here we are going to a plcae where EVERYBODY serves and drinks the most fabulous wine! He says I can have some, but I hate to do that in front of him. I'll have to sneak out on my own a couple of times! :wink:

If anyone would like to receive a post card from the Vatican (Vatican stamp and post office) just pm your mailing address before saturday am and I'll send you one! I'm not Catholic, but will light a candle in St. Peter's for all of you and your loved ones!

Love,

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Just got back and read this. You guys are on your way. I know you will have a great time. I am so proud that you were selected to go. But next time you do not have to keep this secret until the last minute. We like to share in your joy. :D We like good news here, remember!!

Italy seems to be the in place this year. Everytime I turn around someone is going to Italy. In fact, when we got back from our cruise my brother picked us up in Miami and we stayed the week with them. Anyway, they just got back from a 2 week cruise to Italy and got back Friday when our cruise left.

I could not believe all those beautiful pictures they took. What a magnificent, picturesque country. They took over 600 pics. :shock:

Anyway, when you read this you will be back and please share.

Maybe you ran into Ginny there. :)

Maryanne :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I came, I saw, I conquered! (except my feet - Rome conquered THEM :roll: )

We are home as of midnight last night, but totally jet-lagged. Will refresh, catch up on all the news on the board, and then post.

Had the BEST TIME IN THE WORLD!!!!! Already miss Roma but so glad to be home with our very happy cats and dogs! (Mark woke up this morning with one cat hugging his arm and "nursing" on it! Sheesh! gave him a hickey! :lol: )

Missed you all!

Leslie