K3/C to treat cancer (lung, etc)

Guest Ruach

Guest Ruach

Does anyone have any experience with Vitamin K3/C as a cancer treatment? I've read a few articles and would like to encourage my mother to try this in conjunction with (or after) her Arissa regiment, but her close-minded medical team appears to be following their consistant path of "if it's not something we normally do, we'll tell you not to do it."

They are offering her a path of: Arissa, Radiation for her newly-developed bone cancer and possibly for her lung also, continued Gamma Knife for her brain mets, and radiation for cranial tumors. Her new pain medication says "don't take with Vitamin K, even from natural forms like vegetables."

I'd rather her take something (e.g. K3/C) that may help stop or cure the cancer (I know, "cure" usually means false hope... but since it's only like $15 to get, and the taking shouldn't proclude other chemo treatments... why not??) than mask it with pain medication and continue sliding into the spiral she seems to be headed. Mom will follow the advice of her medical team, even if their best advice is "we can't do anything, but we can try to help with the pain."

Does anyone have ideas on how to approach my mom, the Dr's, or even the situation?

Thanks...

In certain cases cancer can cause blood clotting. Since Vitamin K causes blood clotting you may want to be careful taking this.

from a web site ...

"As for the pain and swelling in Mrs. Benchley's leg, tests revealed that she had deep vein thrombosis of a vein in her right leg. Also called DVT, deep vein thrombosis is a condition in which a blood clot blocks or reduces the flow of blood through one of the body's main veins. It can cause pain and swelling and can sometimes be life-threatening. For reasons that are not completely understood, it often occurs together with cancer.

For her DVT, Mrs. Benchley was given the usual treatment, which is IV heparin in the hospital, followed by warfarin, an oral anticoagulant (blood thinner) at home. Sold under a variety of brand names, heparin is a prescription anticoagulant that slows the rate of blood clot formation. It can both prevent formation of blood clots after surgery and, as in the case of Mrs. Benchley, help dissolve blood clots that have already formed. Warfarin, (usually sold under the brand name Coumadin®), is an oral anticoagulant."

For bone mets, sometimes doctors give Zometa.

There are clinical studies using melatonin (20 mg) (this is a large dose) as a radiosensitiver for brain mets

Dr Weil, recommends Astragalus and a mushroom blend for cancer patients.

I have also read that whey protien and soy products may help.

If you do try anything just at least make sure it is VERY safe and doesnt cause more harm than good.

Good Luck