Not Lung Cancer Related, but Grand News....

Fay A.

I finally heard from my Uncle and Aunt today. They have relocated to Alabama. They lost everything they own in Katrina. The apartment complex where they lived was literally washed out to sea.

A Church in Alabama furnished an entire apartment for them. My Uncle is on oxgen 24/7, and this Church Group made certain that my Uncle and Aunt are taken care of. They've lost all their phone numbers and addresses for family and friends. I was able to give them a lot on information on other relatives that have been as worried as me about them.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present than to know that they are okay. I'll start going through family photographs and making copies for them.

I want to thank all of you who have remembered them in your prayers. It means a lot.

Fay,

I am soo glad they were finally located, thats one less thing for you to worry about..How devasting for them to lose everything like that, its amazing how something like an address book could be so important, we just dont think of the simple things until they are gone..

Just a bit of info for anyone else who may be searching for missing family members as a result of Katrina and Rita:

Both my brother and I, several cousins, etc. registered with the Red Cross, Salvation Army, the Coast Guard at a time when they were taking names of those still missing, the Office of Homeland Security, and just about about any place else we could think of, so that My Uncle and Aunt would know that those who love them were actively looking for them and wanted to help them. I found out today that my Uncle and Aunt registered with the Red Cross about a week after Hurricane Katrina hit. For whatever reason just because we all registered did not result in our finding one another. So if you're still looking for family members or friends they may very well be okay, and looking for you.

My Uncle is my Hero.....he has been my Hero my whole life.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AWESOME NEWS FAYE!!!!!!

I am so happy you have found them and you are so wonderful in helping them regain what ever you can. The pictures are priceless and thank God you can give them to them and let them feel they have some of their past restored.

God bless you all,

Jane