Never a dull moment for my mom.....Updated 10/13

Andrea

Not that we can complain b/c we are so lucky, but there is like never a dull moment. My mom was doing great with rehab, started last week. Today she got sent home before she started b/c her pulse was high.

She went to her dr and got an ekg and now she has artirial fibliration. I looked it up on line and it does not seem all that serious in the scheme of things, but it does mean more dr visits before she can continue on rehab.

So that is the latest :) I have not updated on her in awhile. Scans should be at the end of the year.

Andrea,

Bri has A Fib.........has had it for years........that is how they found his LC. He was in for his yearly cardiac check.........

A good cardiologist can manage it well. We are so glad it is something not so scary.

Love love love the pic!

Hugs for mom, I love seeing a pic of her!

Pat

Prayers coming for your Mom. You guys look like you are really close - my Mom and I are too. Love the picture. I bet you have fun together too. My Dad has had that for several years (he is 84) and manages just fine (plays tennis 3 times a week). Thanks for the up-date. How about you - how are you doing?

Hugs,

Nancy B

Good luck with everything... never a dull moment is there with some folks!! :lol:

I love the pic too! Your mom looks great! She reminds me of Paula Deen the woman that has the cooking show on the food network.. very vibrant and healthy looking. (my husband "forces" me to watch Paula's show on Sundays hoping it will inspire me to be a good cook! NEVER going to happen...though. I'm waiting around for our LCSC cookbook maybe that will do the job)

Good luck with everything... never a dull moment is there with some folks!! :lol:

I love the pic too! Your mom looks great! She reminds me of Paula Deen the woman that has the cooking show on the food network.. very vibrant and healthy looking. (my husband "forces" me to watch Paula's show on Sundays hoping it will inspire me to be a good cook! NEVER going to happen...though. I'm waiting around for our LCSC cookbook maybe that will do the job)

I LOVE THAT PICTURE! it makes me so happy to 'see' people I've come to care about here. hi mom!!!

a-fib: my mother had a bout of it after her pericardial window procedure, it was brought under control with cardizem in a day's time. sorry your mom needs more attention, still, but it does seem like something eminantly manageable.

thanks for the update, and I wish you all an easy fast.

xoxo

amie

Thanks so much everyone :) She is seeing a new cardiologist tomorrow b/c her old one just never returns phone calls.

Tami--I told my mom what you said about the cooking lady and she said that is the HUGEST compliment, she loves Paula and you made her day :)

Nancy--I am ok, plodding along, neurotic as usual. I hate the physical ailments that come along with severe anxiety. I never used to have sympahty for that stuff when I was growing up. Now I do big time.

Andrea,

Both of my parents have A-fib also... controlled with meds. Actually, it can be serious and my Dad found out he had it after having a mild stroke due to the heart whipping up blood clots... Sounds like it is a blessing your mom was going for rehab and it was discovered. Prayers for you and mom always.

Love,

Sue