ALMOST all clear in the old noggin!!

Addie

The radiation will work for a while, and my rad onc is convinced it will take care of the two remaining mets. One - the largest to begin with - was 1 cm. It is now 4 mm. but Taylor says it's about 80% reduced in volume.

The other is a r. frontal met which was 7 mm. originally and is now 2 mm.

There is no apparent brain swelling and he says I can come down now on my prednisone. Will discuss that w/ the Onc today.

I'm feeling quite good about this report. I had, you will recall, "more than a dozen" little buggers up there in the penthouse. All are now "evicted" but for the two "biggest brutes"....who are still packing and on their way out.

I....am on my way out too....to chemo. More later! :D

Yay! That's a great result, Addie! One thing the Radiation Oncologist told me right off the bat about reducing tumors with radiation is exactly what you just said -- that radiation doesn't just do it's thing in a day or a week like taking meds - it works over time. They were taking weekly sets of films and watching my lung tumor disappear a smidgen at a time over the duration of the 32 treatments I had. And remember too that we both waited a while after that stopped before having more scans and PCI? (And remember how antsy I was about getting on with the PCI? Ha! :oops: )

I'm so glad to hear this. If you're going to have to spend ANY time in one of those bleepin' masks, at least get a good result, huh!

Way to go!

Di

Addie,

I have anxiously awaited your results :? . Talk about holding someone's pork chop :o !!!! I am a GREAT one to do that. I worry all the time

BUT not so much worry now with only 2 LITTLE buggers left. Do you think the power of all of us here WILLING them outta there may work? Wouldn't that be something :P ?

Will you get scanned again or what? How will you know if they continue to diminish? Let us know what is next!

Love,

Kasey

Addie,

What wonderfully encouraging news!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us. Hope you don't mind, but I'm borrowing some of your "additude". I don't know how to maintain it once I get it, but when I start feeling down I come and read your posts. Thank you for being you. God Bless you. Know that you have my prayers for continued good results.

Love,

Sue

Addie,

This is great. I am so glad to hear of your great results. When I had my 1st scan after WBR my 6 tumors didn't really change too much, but after the 2nd scan, all were either gone or barely visable.

Yours will continue to shrink and be Zapped right out of there! Great News.

TAnn

Those buggers will be packing their bags and leaving in no time. No doubt about it...

It definitely had a lot to do with that wonderful Additude you have.

I am so thrilled for you!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

It is sooooooooo good to hear good news. And better because the good news is from you!! :D

Keep the good news coming... let us know when those buggers evacuated into oblivion.

Maryanne :wink: