Update on Mom, no more Tarceva for her...

rogfam

She had a PET on Monday. The same three place (lymphs) are still lit up in the chest area on the PET and the cancer marker has continued to go up, so the Tarceva, while it may have kept it stable, isn't working the way the doc wants it to. He wants her to talk to her radiology doc tomorrow. So, she may have to get radiation. :( but they've come a long way since the last time she had it. Now they have that tomotherapy, where they can pinpoint the areas that need radiation. Also, he said he'll probably try a different chemo as well.

So, please continue to keep her in your prayers, please. The Lord continues to work in her. She doesn't look or act a bit sick, Praise God she feels good and is otherwise healthy!! :)

Christy

Christy,

I have been wondering where you have been and how your Mom has been doing.

I am sorry things have not improved quite the way everyone was hoping. I will continue to hope and pray that her rad onc can do some good. I will await what the new chemo may be as well.

I am thinking of you both,

Kasey

:idea: you may want to ask about Etopocide. It is available in pill form adn is also used for testiculatr cancer. My wife had a 30% shrinkage after 5 rounds of this and it was not as bad as tarceva was for her. Always praying for everyone and good luck either way

Christy,

I am confused. I didn't think you could have radiation in the same area twice.

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

Hi Jamie!

Well, it won't be exactly the same place, and this new radiation pin points it, to whereas the other one got the whole area. We'll find out more tomorrow though! (the last time was in the lung, this is specific lymph nodes.)

Thank you all sooo very much for the concern, prayers, and kind words! What would I do without ya'll and this wonderful place?!

God Bless,

Christy

Thank ya'll so much.

I have a bit of an update.

The rad onc wants to do radiation 20 minutes a day, five days a week, for four weeks. The tomotherapy, while it does pinpoint the areas, the doc says it has somewhat of a 'starburst' affect, therefor, it will overlap some of the area that was radiated last time. :( He said in rare instances people have burst an artery and died from this. Also, that it could cause chronic pain the future.

So, she's not quite sure she wants to do this. I think she will because she's a fighter, but that is a lot to think about. She will see her onc again on monday and talk about more chemo as well.

Please just keep her in your prayers. (also about this decision she has to make.)

Love,

Christy