Dad refuses to eat or drink anything

rayroy

We got a hospice hospital bed today. I think he has called it quits and wants to get the suffering out of the way. It's terrible, but what can we do. He sleeps most of the day, Im afraid the end may be near. Thanks for helping us out during this ordeal. Let's pray dad's suffering is over with soon. Miracles do happen, pray for that too!

thanks

ray

Ray,

What a tough place to be in....I can remember feeling so scared to lose my parents, but scared to see them suffer. I felt guilt because I was torn between wanting their torment to end, as well as mine. I was so very tired from the rollercoaster ride that this disease took me on. I will keep your Dad, you, and your family in my prayers.

Cheryl

Dear Rayroy,

Add my prayers to the list...I know this is a very trying and difficult time. Please try to find some peace in knowing that you are doing all you can to help your Dad. You certainly are a devoted and loving son.

God bless you and your family.

Lynn

Dad still hasn't eaten. He sleeps most of the time. His body seems to be shutting down. At least, it doesn't seem that he has pain. Tomorrow we have to look at funeral homes and strat planning the services. The hospice nurse ssaid he may last days or a couple of weeks. Since he is not eating or drinking it is not good. I think dad's body is tired, he is mentally tired. I think he wants some peace and quiet now. He has lived the past 2 months for us. We have told him to eat this and drink that. He has tried, with all his might but to no avail. He is a fighter, that's how he will always be to me until his last breath. Prayers to everyone out there who is still fighting this horrible disease. I still believe with passion, love, and luck you and your love ones can get better!!

Rayroy,

So so sorry for you and your family, but am relieved to know that your dad will not suffer anymore.

This is a time of peace, a time to sit at his bedside and hold his hand. A time to think beautiful thoughts of your dad past life. All the fun times you had with him..

You are bringing back beautiful memories to me of my dad. This is how i handled it when it got to this final point. A very peaceful sleep. God be with your father, you and your family right now.