This time one year ago...

Calintay

My family and I had just finished moving and my mom and I were both sick with a cold (mine went away hers did not). We were just starting school and fighting with each other about blood draws because I was scared of needles and when she went to draw my blood it hurt so I yelled at her to take the needle out (then I went and hid :oops: ).How I miss the days before cancer! There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about it. I worry all the time about my mom and today just seemed like the day to vent. I wonder if my life will ever be normal again or if this is what I am suppose to accept as normal. I hear her cough and I worry, she seems down and I worry that maybe she has a "symptom", she is tired and I worry, I wonder if there is any way to stop worrying.

Thank you all for the support you have offered and I pray for a everyone every day!

I too, worry about every cough or any "new" thing being a new symptom. I try to remember that I make myself crazy when I do that. I can really start to believe it is a new symptom or sign of cancer and then when a Dr. checks it out it is usually nothing.

Just hang in there and try to keep your chin up!

You are not alone!!! I too, worry about "the cough" and my heart breaks every time I hear my dad coughing. I ask him everyday how he is doing and says he feels fine but I am almost waiting for the day when he says he is not! I know it is hard but you need to stay optimistic. It seems there has been some good news lately on the board which is really giving me some hope and hopefully for you too!

love,

jorja