finally diagnosed

mini george

sorry i haven't posted anything in awhile .just diagnosed with upper left lobe cancer stage11a with t2n2m0 on july31/03 :( .surgeon was to remove tumour but now that there is cancer on the lymph nodes,there will be at least one session of chemo.bone scan and brain scan were clear.don't know what type of chemo will be used.any ideas on what to expect? thanks. mini george

Goodafternoon Mini George,

Hopefully the chemo they give you will shrink the tumor, clear the lymph nodes and then the dr can go in and take out that horrible tumor...

i am a caregiver for my husband, the operation he had was the easy part. he could have come home the next day but thank goodness the dr was out of town and he had to stay 5 days. he had the whole left lung removed and 7 lymph nodes...

I pray that you go through this, come out clean and get on with your life. If not, be a great fighter for that is what it takes.... God Bless

Hello Mini George;

My very best to you. I was staged IIB, T2 N1, that was over 2 years ago. :) I'll be praying the chemo shrinks the tumor and they can remove it.

God bless abd be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy 5/2/01

" absolutely insit on enjoying life today!"

Hi M.G.-

I am right there ahead of you and Bobmc: T1N1M0 Stage IIa. I had my surgery 2/02, so am now a 1 1/2 year survivor. Praying for the tumor to shrink quickly so you can get on with the surgery. Ask us any questions, share concerns and fears, and fight like crazy!! Best of luck.