Getting to Know You - October 18

Ann

When I think of lazy, laid back afternoons,it must be Fall. It's beautiful outside, sunny skies, cool temperatures but I still would be indoors most of the time. I would cook up my favorite comfort food...either a big pot of soup or Pats Macaroni & Cheese. Fall...football...food!!! I would probably wear my jammies all day and just watch football. Oh...maybe NASCAR if racing season is still going.

Ann,

you are my kind of lady!!!! My Sunday would also be spent watching football on one T.V. and the race would be on the other. (yes 2 t.v's one on top of the other because there is always more than one sporting event on!!!!). I would be in my sweats all day, eating snacks (as lazy means no cooking) and pizza would be delivered for dinner.

Debbie

Husband Alan DX small cell lung cancer Jan 10th 2005

yes, my answer is seasonal, too:

summer: go to Yankee Stadium, or the beach or Astoria Park, most beautiful park in NYC. if my Davy had the day off (whcih he usually does not :cry: ) we'd DEFINATELY head off for ride on the Road King.

fall: football on TV or a drive to see the leaves

winter: a movie on the DVD player with popcorn, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

spring: probably back to the park, or the Harley. :D

Putter, with a capital P. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Do a little fall clean up in the garden. Read a little, on the deck if nice enough. Work on whatever needlework project. Watch TV (the only good news about living alone is that I have control over the remote).

But what I would like to do most is stroll through an outdoor shopping mall, or flea market, or art festival or whatever so to enjoy the beautiful day.

If there is nothing I have to go out for...then first thing is.....NO FACE! I would forego the makeup for the day (which is only about 5 mins. of eye makeup....but why bother!??)

Then, I'd either work on my pins or knitting, might well remain in jammies or grubbas for the day...and watch as much golf as I can! The guys and the gals. Love to watch the women golfers...it's as good if not better, sometimes, than the PGA.

I always look for a good movie I haven't seen on HBO or Showtime, too....just in case there isn't enough golf to keep me occupied.

If it's a nice day...well, some outside time is great. But this time of year...give me the sofa and a warm "mingie" (what my dad called a blanket 8) ) and a couple of dogs by my side. I'm a happy camper and if you add a ginger ale or a grape soda and some popcorn, I'm borderline ecstatic~!! :lol:

Well, since I work 5 out of 6 weekends, chances are I'd be at work! But, if it just happened to be the weekend I get off, then I would start out with sleeping till about 10am. Then, now this is if there are no kids around, I'd sit down to read a good romance novel with a box of ding dongs and a bottle of D. Mountain Dew!

The perfect Sunday afternoon...DH and kids, snuggling in bed watching a family movie, or our favorite TV show, Americas Funniest vidoes. My son laughs so hard, you know, deep hardy belly laughs!!!! I really love that. Sometimes we put on disco Cd's and dance wildly to YMCA, Dancing Queen and other 70's disco greats!!!

Well it is spring here in good old aussie land, which means cool mornings (sleep in till 10 weather!!) then have a nice bacon and eggs brekky, go for a walk along the beach...then laze around, maybe watch a movie...head back down the beach (5 minute walk from our place) around 5.00pm and watch the sunset with a Vodka and pepsi max....Ahhhh....wish it was Sunday already :!:

In the fall it would be, just sitting back a watching football. I know that does not sound like the most laid back thing to do, especially if you are an Eagles fan. :shock:

I grew up with sports in my family. My dad use to take me to the games. And my sister has had seasons tickets to the Eagles for over 30 years.

Maryanne :wink: