Brian & Pat update, Tues. 10/18

bunny

I just spoke with Pat. Brian is not leaving the hospital today. the tumor on his liver is growing rapidly, and the doctor is starting him on Alimta immediately. radiation is not an option. because they can not leave him on the IV pain medication he's on now, they are switching him to a pain patch for his abdomen. Pat is understandably worried about the impact of Alimta, but, as the doctor said,"it's all we have left".

Pat & Brian will not be able to travel for Pat's son's wedding in Florida this weekend. like their parents, the kids sound like amazing people, and are graciously accepting and understanding of it all, albeit disappointed. of course, Pat and Brian are also extremely disappointed but the doctor wants to start the Alimta immediately and she,understandably, isn't comfortable leaving him.

Pat asks for prayers, of course, and told me to tell everyone that she appreciates our love and support. Pat, we're with you honey, standing there, shoulder to shoulder. Brian, you are a brave soldier and I love and admire your fight.

xoxo

bunny

Rats...I so hoped Bri would rally quickly and they'd be able to make the wedding...but the kids know they are there in heart and spirit.

Thanks, Bun, for the update and be sure you express to Pat and Bri how much we all love them and are pulling for Alimta to WORK and not cause any additional problems.

Dammit....this is a tough one. :(

Pat and Brian,

Hang in there. Let's give that Alimta a chance to kick in and stop the tumor in it's tracks. Meanwhile, rest, breathe, rest, breathe........

You have raised some truly remarkable children that sound amazingly warm-hearted, just like the two of you.

Thanks so much for the update Bunny.

Love you Brat,

Lynne

Amie,

Thanks again for the update.

Pat,

I am so sad to hear that Brian is in the hospital. But, sometimes it is the best place to be. They can figure out exactly what Brian needs to start feeling better. You must have some really great kids. Doesn't surprise me a bit though.

I am still praying and praying...I'm NOT gonna stop until we hear Brian is home where he should be!!!!

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Pat,

I just walked in the door from having my 5th Alimta treatment. I hope and pray that Brian doesn't have any reactions. They have to start him on Folic Acid, which I take in a regular daily vitamin and give him a B-12 shot.

The Alimta drip only lasts 10 minutes. They give you a dose of decadron before that and then it's over! That's the best part! Keep us posted.

TAnn

((((Pat and Brian)))),

So many, many of my most heartfelt prayers are being offered up for you both. I pray for a positive response to Alimta. I pray for strength of body, mind, and soul to get through this part of your journey. Please be able to feel my love and support.

Love,

Kasey

Thanks for the update , Bunny,

Pat and Brian, my prayers continue for the two of you. I know you are disappointed about not being at the wedding, but it's not the important thing right now. Giving Brian every chance to fight this cancer needs all your strength. Praying that Alimta will be the chemo he needs. It has been known to work magic for many. Take care and know that there is lots of love, prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

Love and Prayers,

Sue