LCAM City of Hope National Med Cntr event

Fay A.

I don't yet have all the details, but hopefully by the end of today I will have everything. Still waiting for the coordinator at City of Hope to email me.

What I do know is that on November 9th at City of Hope in Duarte, California there will be a Lung Cancer Awareness Month event. It is my understanding that they will focus heavily on the smoking link. But as providers of SUPPORT we do not have to focus on smoking. We can say we just don't get into that part of it. We provide support to everyone. One of the things they are looking for is information on support services for patients with Lung Cancer, because as we all know there is so bloodly little of it out there for us. Anyway...I am trying to put together a group to attend and maybe hand out information or answer questions about LCSC, and frankly, just to show up as survivors of Lung Cancer, whether as the patient or caregiver/loved one.

Anyway...November 9th is the date. I'll post more details by the end of the day.

ADDENDUM: Here is a link to the Lung Cancer Alliance's site showing info on the City of Hope event. City of Hope will be focusing on the smoking aspect, but as representatives of the Lung Cancer Support Community we'll be focusing on support regardless of smoking. http://www.lungcanceralliance.org/involved/events.html

I've heard from City of Hope re the Lung Cancer Awareness Month event planned for November 9th. I'm sharing the emailed information with you. This will not be an opportunity for direct fundraising for LCSC. But, it may open the door to additional exposure for LCSC with people who do contribute towards the support of groups like LCSC. The purpose of LCSC is primarily support for those who have been touched by Lung Cancer. This will be a good opportunity to let others who are interested in Lung Cancer know that we exist.

Fay A.

ADDENDUM: http://www.cityofhope.org/AsktheExperts ... xperts.htm

----------------------------------------

"BREATHE FOR HOPE"

When: Wednesday, November 9, 2005

4:30 to 6pm: Information Fair Featuring Free Pulmonary Function Testing

6 to 8 pm: Lecture Presentations

Effects of Smoking; Status on Lung Cancer Screening - Frederic Grannis, M.D.

Smoking Cessation & Breaking the Nicotine Cycle - Mitchell Nides, Ph.D.

Lung Cancer Treatments Including Robotics - Kemp Kernstine, M.D., Ph.D

Free Admission --- Open to the Public --- Light Refreshments Served

City of Hope

1500 E. Duarte Rd., Duarte, CA 91010

CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT! 800-535-1390, Ext. 65669

We would like for those groups displaying and distributing information to be on-site to set-up by 3:30p.m. As noted above, the information fair will take begin at 4:30pm and end at approximately 6pm. We will provide tables for you to display so please let me know if you need more than one table and if you'll need easels (if so, how many) to display posterboards, etc. We ask that no fundraising activities be conducted, however, you are free to hand out collateral information encouraging attendees to visit your Web site or to contact your organization. As far as parking, enter through the main gate and park in the visitor parking lot; the guard can instruct you. Additionally, the guard can direct you to the Platt Conference Center, as well. If you should want a map handy, I can send one to you. Let me know.

I will also send out a reminder email sometime next week, as the event draws closer. Again Pamela, thank you so very much to you and your group for lending support to this event. We expect a good crowd! Talk with you soon.

Best,

Kim

------------------------------------