Need State Representatives- UPDATE 11/11/05

KatieB

Anyone interested in being a State Representative for LCSC, please contact me.

This is a voluntary undertaking for members who are available to be "contacts" for the states that they live in.

I am compiling a list so that when the occasion arrises that a person calls and is in need of support or needs information on cancer services in their local area, that I will have someone to contact who will have this information available.

Please PM me if you are interested in being a state representative.

I currently only have the southern CA area covered, as well as the twin-city area of MN, and Dallas-Ft. Worth Texas.

This is what I need from State Representatives

The only thing to ready yourself for this right now and what would help me is when you get the chance, put together a page with some resources on it- "in person" lung cancer support groups (if any) wellness community or gilda's house contacts, any comprehensive cancer centers or hospitals with clinical trials and contacts for financial assistance or personal medical assistance. I know this sounds like alot, but there's no timetable on it. I don't need national resources, just your local resources.

I don't know if I ever will have anyone ask for help from your areas, but I think if we want to be the best support resouce for folks out there then we should be prepared, eh?!

I would love to organize a group of Representatives who wish to do even more, Like "Nancy B.", in getting our flyers out and attending or hosting events on LCSCs behalf. But we will first start off this way- so as to not scare off potentional volunteers! ha!- and for anyone who wishes to do the above mentioned, just shoot me a PM with your contact information, and a copy of your resources when you get the chance.

Thank you again, I am so so grateful

• 2 weeks later...

TO ALL REPRESENTATIVES-

To all those who volunteered to be state representatives I need your information.

I replied to your messages letting you know that I needed some information from your areas. I know I didn't give a timeline, but please remember that I need these ok.

The only thing to ready yourself for this right now and what would help me is when you get the chance, put together a page with some resources on it- "in person" lung cancer support groups (if any) wellness community or gilda's house contacts, any comprehensive cancer centers or hospitals with clinical trials and contacts for financial assistance or personal medical assistance. I know this sounds like alot, but there's no timetable on it. I don't need national resources, just your local resources.

I don't know if I ever will have anyone ask for help from your areas, but I think if we want to be the best support resouce for folks out there then we should be prepared, eh?!

To date, I've only gotten one info sheet from

"Dadstimeon" (rich)

Thank you everyone who volunteered.

• 1 month later...