A Favor to ask of you.....

Fay A.

I am putting together a binder for the display at the City of Hope's Lung Cancer Awareness Event. I am asking if you would write about your experience with the stigma of a Lung Cancer Diagnosis. It doesn't have to be a long essay. It can be a single sentence if it communicates well how you feel. I am putting together a display board and I'm asking any who want to do so to please write a few lines (or more if you want) telling how this site has been of support to you.

Please email these to me. My email address is Ova1054@msn.com

I appreciate whatever help you feel up to giving.

Thanks in advance,

Would appreciate it if I can have it all to me by November 3rd. Please format so all I have to do is print it out. I won't be able to edit, retype, etc..

Also, please make the statement on how helful lchelp.org has been and the statement on the stigma of lung cancer separate emails. Thank you!

I sent you way more than a few lines for each, but couldn't stop myself. :roll: If you don't use it, I won't be offended. Maybe if others wrote too much for a board, we could put them in a book. Let me know if you'd like me to help with that. I'm looking forward to seeing you - and any other So. Calif. LCSC'ers - there!

BeckyCW

Bumping this back up. I have heard from only 4 people so far. It's a big sheet of poster paper, Folks. The idea is to make a presentation showing the SUPPORT available from this site to those in need of it. And to show the real world impact-individual and personal-the Stigma of a Lung Cancer Diagnosis brings to the table.

I am asking you to send your writings to me even if you cut and paste something you posted to LCSC previously because I am reluctant to "publish" anything without your express permission.

It's going to be a very bare couple of posters if I don't get more from you folks...I can fill in the blanks with artwork, but my drawings will not carry the same weight as your writings.

Fay A.

Bumping it back up so you don't forget. I've received several more, but there are a lot more of you folks out there. I ask that when you write the email that you write it as you want it to appear. I am not going to change your words, because then they won't be YOUR words, they'll be my edited version. And this is about YOU (us). Just write it without mentioning me, and identify yourself with your screenname, your name, your initials, whatever, but please don't send me an unsigned writing. It makes it appear that I am the author, and I am not. Thanks.

• 3 months later...