I Never Claimed It Would Be Easy.........

Fay A.

Well, Folks, it has been brought to my attention that others feel I make light of having Lung Cancer, and that I make it sound as if the various treatments for Lung Cancer-Surgery, Chemo, Radiation-are simple or easy and without risk.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

I never said any of this was easy. And I never claimed that any cancer treatment, or treatment for problems that result from having Lung Cancer, Lung Cancer Mets, or their treatments is simple or easy or without risk. What I have said is that it is doable (which it is) and these are risks I am willing to take (which I have).

Hope that clears things up. Just read below signature line. I actually do "...have a clue...". :roll:

Fay-I NEVER thought you made light of having cancer. I have always felt you handled it with grace and as part of life now.

Those who have it know you either go on and deal with it or let it take over. I prefer to live and deal with what comes. Not worry over what might happen.

Whoever told you that has no clue!

Keep up keepin on, I for one admire the way you have dealt with what can be totally life altering.

Cindy

Fay, When you take the time to share from your experience, or relate to others' experience (which you do graciously, very often), you are one that I ist up and PAY ATTENTION to. You do a good job of reminding us to feel the feelings, but not get stuck in them. You are admirable, real, and challenging. And those are only some of the things that I have come to truly appreciate about your input to us all here, and especially to those things you have spoken to in my life.

Fay,

Whoever would say such a thing to you hasn't taken the time to get to know you. Just reading your profile is enough to tell anyone that you are no stranger to the rough roads one may have to travel in fighting this disease . Anyone that has the nerve to make such a statement needs to look up every one of your posts and read some of the most inspirational words ever written here. Sorry someone would say that to you. Please don't let it affect you in any way. You are loved, appreciated, taken seriously and admired.. those are words you can take to the bank. Prayers are with you Fay.

Love,

Sue

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME??? Someone really said that about YOU ????????? :roll:

The word MOST used by us Cancer Patients is: DOABLE! That's not the same as easy, or a cake walk, or fun or making light of our treatments or what ever. It's what it is DOABLE!! Some of us have problems with our treatments and some of us don't.

Obviously someone has to much time on there hands to be saying silly things like that! :roll: My Goodness!

Oh Fay...What a Hoot! Hope you treat this with a grain of salt! You are one of the most well informed members of this MB. You always seem to handle any situation with grace and style. Please...whoever misunderstood our Fay..reread her posts and her profile!

Oh for crying out loud Fay, I thought everyone KNEW you were the Warrior Princess here... It seems that if there is something to go through, you have gone through it. Apparently, instead of applauding your strength, wisdom, dignity AND lack of self-pity, someone just isn't "getting" you. Their loss.

All that said, Halloween is Monday. Are you going to put up the avitar of the Poultrygeist anytime soon? Don't make me beg over here...

Fay,

Just want to throw in a word of support..You are and have always been an inspiration to this board..I dont know why someone would say something like that, especially to you..

You have been through so much and continue everyday to fight this beast..I really wish people would think before they talk, don't they realize how hurtful their words can be? You dont need to worry about this you have enough on your plate..Please dont give it anymore of your precious energy...

XO

Miss Fay..

I would say that it would be folks who don't have enough time on their hands. They have jumped to some conclusions. You are one person who I know who has researched every aspect of lc treatments. I think you know more than many docs. These folks would know that if they took the time to read your posts.

I am sorry if these people have hurt your feelings.

Please let it go. It doesn't apply.

Cindi o'h

I yi yi yi yi yi yi yi yi!!!!!!

Doable to me, means that you are saying,,,,okay this isnt great,,,,,,but it is do a ble. I can cope, I can get through this,,,,,,I am ready to take this on. Whatever, it takes, I am in.

No easy road, no, this is a cinch,,,,,

Fay, you are truly an amazing woman, I think you try to see as much doable as possible from a very serious situation, and that is why you are such an inspiration here on this board...........you give hope!!!!

Peace,

Annjael

Fay,

I have never had the impression that you thought this was an easy road to travel.

What I heard was that we've got it and now we must do our best to get rid of it.

No hand wringing, no wailing, just a good common sense approach to something that terrifies us all.

Thanks for all your imput, it's been very helpful.

Geri

I received an email from someone and I am embarrassed that I responded at all to it. (That will teach me to post my email address).

Normally I wouldn't have given this any thought, but last night was a night with no sleep, I'm dealing with the horrible night sweats/chills thing again (I do my own sheet changes folks), waiting for the Scan News, I have a Kitchen remodel that was supposed to be complete 30 days ago and isn't, a Contractor that is doing a disappearing act on me, a house full of dust, no real cooking facilities or sink or dishwasher ( an issue if you have only 2/3 of one lung and are on immune suppressants and will be starting chemo again within two weeks.).

So please forgive me for having a melt down. I really am embarrassed. I over reacted, and I hate it when that happens... :oops:

I'll try harder to be a grownup...sort of.

No need for apologizing -- we all have our "meltdown days". With that said -- I want you to remember that I consider you a CANCER WARRIER (I believe I equated you to the Christina Agulera "Fighter" song before :lol: )

You have been through it all....and each time you get knocked down you make the choice to get up and get back into the ring....

Simply put: You Rock! -- And don't let anyone ever make you feel otherwise!!

Heather