I Never Claimed It Would Be Easy.........

Fay A.

well, I have no idea what that meanie wanted, but I want him/her to know - I go to Fay for information FIRST. I go to Fay for inspiration, support, humor. IF Fay ever makes it sound "easy" (which I don't think you do) it's because she has such a beautiful, positive attitude.

grrr. tell him/her to meet me out behind the school at 4:30. :twisted:

love you Fay, you are one of my heroes.

xoxo

amie

Unreal, that is all that I can say. The broken rib on top of everything else is no playday. As seriously as cancer takes you and all of us, you, we have no choice but to respond to cancer very, very seriously. Hang in there!!!

Carol

I read your post quickly, just got home, but have to say, HUMOR about any situaton is just soooo important!!!

Somoene asked us at the oncologist office how we could be laughing and look happy. I said even if am miserable inside, I have to keep the sense of humor up.

Like my dad told the nurse the other day, my mom is like a plant, she just sits and he wondered if he added water if she would grow :) YOu need to make light of things at times!

Awwww, shucks, Fay, we all know you are just a big troublemaker! :shock: For heaven's sake - just look at your track record: Good advice, encouragement to keep on keepin' on, praying for others, encouragement because no matter how bad things have been for you, you keep on fighting and fighting and fighting - guess that's all just bull crap, huh? I guess this person thinks you should get on here and tell us there is no hope, no reason to try and nothing but misery and suffering if you try to fight this disease.

Hmmmmm - let's see. Your profile begins in June of 1999 . . . that would be June 1999 to November 2006 . . . guess that would only be about 5 years and 5 months of fighting this disease. Geesh! ONLY 5 years and 5 months :!:

So, in closing, I think Ann said it best:

What a hoot!

God loves you, Fay, and don't you ever forget it!

Love,

Peggy

P.S. God loves the person that you the email, too. I'd like to think he or she just misunderstood something along the way!

GRRRRRR! GRRRRRRR! I just can't imagine who would send you an email like that --- As others have said, you are a fighter, an inspiration to others, extremely knowledgeable about this disease.... You've been through HE_ _ and back on many occasions and keep on going and going. You have grit and determination to live no matter what is thrown at you.

You just keep on being you. Don't you ever change and ignore that ignorant email.

gail p-m

Fay

I've been on a short hiatus due to some personal things going on in my life but when I read this I HAD to respond.

You are one of the most encouraging knowledgeable people on this web site. So many people, me included look up to you not only for what you have been through but your knowledge and kindness to others.

I'm very sorry this is the thanks you get for all of your time and help here. Thank goodness it was just one uninformed person. This reminds me of what happened to oncodoc. ARGGGGGG :twisted::twisted:

Kathy

Fay,

Don't worry about sharing your frustration with that email. It gave us a chance to tell you how much we admire you! Which wasn't your desire, I know, but you get to hear it anyway! :wink:

Hope things ease up a little for you soon and you get some good news. If I have one prayer it's that you, and everybody, will have at least one hour of relaxation and peace every day. (Throw in a chocolate donut, a foot massage, and a mirror that makes you look 10 pounds slimmer and you've got it all! :D )

Leslie

Fay,

It saddens me that someone would take the time to write out something so hurtful to you. You are the voice of reason around here, not just about cancer treatments and procedures, but about LIFE. I know that you have shared your reason with me more than once and have soothed some pretty ruffled feathers.

You see deeper than the surface and know when my posts are lacking spark. You take the time to find out what is going on, if it's just "life crap" or if it's "cancer crap" - after all, "life crap" is to be expected, "cancer crap" is to be handled!

I enjoy your humor and admire your spunk. You have a healthy outlook on life, you share personal details in the hopes of helping others, and you research - a lot.

I love ya, Fay, and I'm damn proud to count you among my friends. Stop over for a cuppa and get out of your dusty kitchen!

xxoo,

Becky

Hi Fay,

I've been thinking about this and how I would like to respond. Not knowing all that the e-mail said it seems as if the person sending it wants a reason to give up. Maybe the fight is too difficult for this person. Perhaps they have no reason to go on. It sounds like they need an excuse to give up. See Fay, you make it hard for those with that attitude. Everything that I have ever seen you write has to do with life and how IT IS WORTH LIVING AND FIGHTING FOR. Your courage and amazing strength in the face of adversity is an example for us all...those who have this horrible disease and those who do not. Thanks for your wisdom and generosity in sharing so much.

Laura Ann

sorry.... but Connie beat me to the YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME line that I was going to use so now I am just speechless, but then again, I know you so I could never imagine that you have in any way belittled this experience. You have however offered much courage and hope... have I thanked you lately?

I wrote a long post today about what I think motivated the person who emailed me, and then instead of posting it I accidently deleted it. For those of you who don't understand how that could happen, please trust me. My brain is capable of some very interesting screw ups these days. The bottom line is I should never have responded to it at all. I should have just chalked it up to someone who takes pleasure in demeaning others and hides behind a computer screen while doing so. I couldn't find the sender as a registered member. I do believe that the sender has visited this site a few times. I'm chalking this up to a visit from a Troll (a young one) who has had only peripheral involvement with anyone who has cancer. Just enough to sound sincere unless you look too closely.

So let's let this one go, because I am becoming more and more embarrassed by the way I handled this. And I do appreciate the kind words from you all.

Fay,

I have the utmost respect for you and all that you write and share with us. You are one of the people and a few others why I keep coming back here. I have received comfort and support from this site. We are still alive and get a relief from what others have said and say especially you. Whatever this person has said truly hurt you and us as well. They apparently don't know you and what an advocate you are for lung cancer and surely don't take it lightly. I am they are scared, but don't attack someone who has been through as much as you. They need to get a life and quit attacking people....

Has anyone else noticed that when one of these situations arises everyone springs into action.

When I was young I fought with my brother and sister constantly - like most other kids - BUT, if anyone dared to say or do anything against one of us we closed ranks and defended to the death!

The irony is that, as hurtful these things are to the recipient, they show how much we value each other and also let the injured person know how much everyone cares about them.

The number of replies to Fay's original post prove that there is no substance to the email's content and yet again this family has "closed ranks" against an intruder.

Keep on keepin' on Fay, a light handed touch to this disease can ease the burden we all know only too well.

Geri

Fay,

Oh for God's sake some people do need to get a life!!! I think you are insightful and truthful. I can't stand negative and morose people. This disease is hard enough to cope with, we don't need this as well.

I say keep on posting the way you have been and the one's who don't like it can just bugger off!!! :)

Sharon

Fay,

I have thought about this post for a while now. I am still not sure if I can put into words the way I feel about you. I do know one thing. If (and I pray this never happens) I get a bad scan, YOU are the one that I would want a response from first. You would be able to help me and comfort me. I admire you so much. You are in my prayers each day. And if you need a clean kitchen, sheets changed etc, I wish you would come on down to Alabama and let me offer you my guest bedroom. I have a large washer and dryer and I don't mind putting them to good use.

Thanks for being you.

Nina

Hi Fay: Please don't be embarassed. hmm.., well, when I had my second surgery, you were very helpful and an inspiration too.

I think I have somewhat of an idea of what you have been through, even though my experience has not been as horrific as yours or others. And, "doable", to me, means that it was something that had to be done. It was just easier for me to do it by cracking jokes at every opportunity before and after surgery.

Bless you Fay.

Don M