Katieb's Dad

Rick

Kate's Dad doesnt appear to be doing too well. Kate spent the day at the hospital with her dad and family. It appears that on top of the Mets to the liver and shoulder, they have determined that he does in fact have brain mets.

We were not sure if this was caused by the Oxycotton pain meds for his shoulder or what. It turned out to be the or what.

This was all so quick, as her father has clear lungs and all seemed to be going well as recent as 3 weeks ago and then kaboom, all at once mets mets mets mets.....

He has 2 appointments tommorrow to his oncologist then to the radiation DR to see what can be done.

As most of you all know, Kate is her dads primary person for all the DR. Visits and consultations, however Kate has started a new job and I think this is killing her that she cannot be there with him at each visit. She does manage to be there at most. These 2 visits tommorrow are definitely the most important visits other than in the beginning and She is trying to get time off to attend. She is more than shaken by all the horrible news.

Usually I have to battle her for computer time and today she is avoiding it as I think it is too hard right now to read the posts.

We are planning a huge anniversary party for her parents in 10 days and hopefully this can happen, but looks somewhat bleak at the moment. I guess we need to have chins up and hope for the best!!

I would have to say, Kate is the best Daughter a dad could hope for and has been completely strong and confident throughout this ordeal, today was the 1st discouragment that I have seen from her since the initial diagnosis shock... Well, enough rambling, I off to bed.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh Rick,

Hold Katie tight tonight she needs you.

My heart is breaking for you guys. :cry:

I wish I knew how to make it all better. I wish there was a cure and people didn't have to suffer.

Remember that he has bounced back before and he was just singing a day or so ago.

I'll still be praying for all of you.

Hugs, Shelly

Hey Rickey.

We're all praying for Jessee and Katie. You're right about the best daughter a dad could have. I think about my relationship with my daughters when I read her posts and most of the time I end up cryingwhen I think of the strong bond they have together.Good luck with everything. Take care.

David P.

Rick, how awful for Katie after being our cheerleader all this time. She has changed my attitude a few times over the last few months; but this must be very hard for her. Jessie is a fighter and has come back from adversity before and can do it again.

Please know that we are praying for all of you and keeping good thoughts headed toward Texas.

Annie

Thanks for updating us about Katie's Dad. So sorry to hear that the road is so rough right now. But as others have said, Katie's Dad has fought back before when the odds weren't in his favor. My prayers being sent his way that he can again fight back and win. My thoughts, of course, are with Katie too who has fought alongside her Dad every step of the way. What a fabulous daughter!

Please keep us posted.

Gail

uhh Rick, I'm so, so sorry. Please give Katie a hug from all of us. Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"