Questions

mday

Just curious..After a lobectomy, thoracotomy, etc. how many of you were on the ventilator after your surgery and for how long? What is the average treatments per week for radiation and chemo? I know everyone is different but I need something to prepare myself for what's ahead.

Mom has 2 tumors in her left lung and they're very large. We will find out this Wed. what the docs plans are to treat.

Thanks to all

I was not on a ventilator at all after my lobectomy

I was stage 1a ---did not have chemo or radiation after---

hopefully you will get good news about your mother's tumors

regards Eileen

nsclc-lobectomy 6/00

stage 1A

Mday, my buddy was not on a ventilator either. about one month after surgery he started a light dose of chemo and also Radiation. He had 25 Radiation treatments. Then he started heavy treatments of chemo 12/02 which was once every 3rd week for 4 sessions... hope this helps you.

my lobectomy was on 4-3 of this year. To my knowledge, I was never on a ventilator after the surgery. If I was, it was removed long before I woke up in the recovery room.

I do not think a vent is typical, but ask the doc.

I was also 1a, no chemo, no rad.

Wishing you the best! I know it's hard not to worry. You and Mom will do OK, I am sure.