Hopice update on Bill (and me too)

SBeth

Dear Beth,

It must be so very hard to know he has decided against any more treatment. I do understand his decision though as I feel treatment quicken my Brother's death. He was always very thin and the chemo just took everything he had and left him with nothing to fight with. I feel if he had just had the radiation and forgone the chemo he may have lived longer. The question then is what quality of life would he have had and nobody knows. We must opt for the quality vs. the quanity and I know that is so hard.

You're love for each other shines brightly through you're post and I empathise with you.

Hold each other close, make whatever memories you can and know that we are all praying for you both.

God Bless,

Jane

Hi Beth,

Thanks for posting an update. I have been thinking about you and Bill. I'm glad hospice is helping you both. My Dad just recently signed up for hospice, we thought we were prepared for this but it was a very sad day for my family. They are very helpful to my Mom and Dad. I too wish my Dad could continue treatment. He is just too weak to do anymore chemo. He is taking medicine to increase his appetite. This seems to be working, he was munching on chocolate bars last night when we brought the kids trick or treating. Maybe you should ask hospice about giving it a try. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Denise

Dear Friend,

We are with you and Bill and your kids.

We care so much. Every single day we think about you, pray for you and send all positive thoughts and support.

We understand and feel all the things that you convey so beautifully in your post.

You and Bill are a comfort to us and we look forward to sharing some real life hugs w/ you guys.

Love

love

love

Pat and Brian

Beth,

I am glad that your experience with Hospice, so far, has been good. We found Hospice to be a great source of comfort and help when my dad was dying. My FIL passed away last year from lung cancer and we had hospice for him as well and what you wrote about the advice of not pushing him to eat was what we were advised too and boy that was really difficult for us to wrap our minds around.

My heart just aches for you and just wish there was something that I could do..I simply cannot imagine what you are going through Beth but please know you and your family are in my prayers.

Libby

Beth,

Thanks for the update. Prayers are continuing for Bill and you and the whole family. I can't begin to understand what you are going through. You are incredible in your strength, courage and transparency. Your love shines through. I just wish I could take the hurt, the cancer, the pain away. Know that we are with you at this difficult time. ((((((Bill and Beth))))))

Take care and God bless you both.

Love,

Tina

Dear Beth,

It is difficult to find words of comfort and support to offer you. You remain in my heart and prayers daily. May the love you and Bill share these days be enough to fill many lifetimes.

May strength and peace somehow find their way into your lives. Your devotion is exemplary. May God be ever present.

(((Beth and Bill))),

Kasey

Dear Beth ~

This must be so difficult...I can only imagine. Don't fault yourself for simply loving him, and wanting him here with you. Your devotion shines through your post. Bill is very lucky to have such an unselfish advocate & partner.

Wishing your family peace, & love. I'll be praying for you.

(((Beth & Bill)))