Tarceva/dry skin

Jyoung20

Hey all!!

Just wanted to let you know thatI have found something that works for my dry skin caused from Tarceva. I soak in bath oil and apply Baby Oil Gel. I got both products at the corner drug store. The dry skin is gone and so has the discomfort. I haven't found the trick for the rash yet! If you know of anything that works for the rash, please let me know. THANKS!!

:D

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Jaime...I was just cruising the website and saw this post. Bob started Tarceva only 2 weeks ago, and does not have a rash but has VERY dry skin. I ordered a Soothing Balm by Lindi that is made for cancer patients and it is helping. I read about it in a magazine and ordered it online. Diane

Thanks to both of you for the tips. I've been really lazy about putting lotion on my body skin - dry, but no itching or flaking. My husband would probably appreciate it if I lathered up a little more.

I'm still trying to find a really good facial skin moisturizer that doesn't make me greasy. I'm always looking for something that also includes sun screen. Any tips out there?

Leslie

Leslie,

I have been using this all-natural lotion called VEGECOL. I think it is from Aubrey Organics. I got it at a herbal market. Works o.k. for my face. But, I have dry skin so a little oil really helps me. The cool thing about it is that I feel safe using it.

GOD BLESS,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

My mom's nurse suggested Head & Shoulders intensive care (It is in an all blue container). It is hard to find (I finally found one at a Walgreen's). It has really been working. The nurse said to wash your whole body with it.

Also, For burning eyes, which my mom had an extreme case of...She suggested artificial tears, and then finally had my mom use benedryl. The burning end up just stopping after two weeks.

Now if we could just help her nausea...

Best,

Sunne