Mom's Birthday

Kel M

Had Mom not died in May she would be 60 on Monday, November 7, 2005.

I miss her desperately, though like those of you in my situation, I find a way to make it through each day. Some are easier than others. Sometimes laughter and lightness are easy, sometimes it's all I can do to remember to breathe.

Last night, for example, I became quite upset over the fact the bags covering my winter tires (it's that time in my neck of the woods) had been removed (making their identification difficult). I was ridiculously angry and followed it up by sobbing as I was driving down the road.

That's grief I suppose... it has no rhyme or reason. Twelve hours later it's approaching funny territory, but at the time all I wanted to do was bury myself in one of Mom's hugs.

It was not to be, unfortunately. I'll have to live on the stockpile of hugs I built in the last months of her life.

Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you and miss you.

Kels

Kel,

My thoughts are with you. I am one of those people that are in your situation, where I am trying to find ways to make it through each day.

My dad died amost 14 months ago and I miss him so much. I still take it day by day. I know my dad would want me to be happy and that is what keeps me going.

I had to laugh at your paragraph talking about the tires. I had the same breakdown the other day over a picture frame I was trying to hang. It was a collage of pictures of my dad. I just couldn't get the hanging brackets on the frame and I broke down sobbing. This is not like me because I am usually pretty calm and patient. All I wanted at that time was my dad!

I hope November 7th is kind to you and you feel many hugs softly touching you on that day. We are so very fortunate to have the stockpiles of hugs to use when they are so very much needed!

Take care Kel.

Diane

Hi Kel,

I will be thinking of you and your Mom on her birthday.

I hope the day goes good for you. I'm sure it won't be easy, but maybe trying to remember all the good memories and hugs, and remembering she is watching over you will make it a little more bearable.

Hugs,

Melinda

Kel,

We will have you in our hearts very specially on Monday.

I remember your posts about taking your mom to play golf ....... it was right when Brian and I were new to the board.

We both commented on the wonderful relationship you described and how we admired both of you so much.

We are so glad you stocked up on hugs and pray that the memory and 'feeling' of them comforts you on your mom's birthday and everyday.

Love

P and B