A huge thanks to Sue..

mamasbabygirl

Sue (Shineladysue)-

Your insight into my mom's swollen leg was right on and I want to thank you for responding so quickly and mentioning the blood clot possibility. We called her Doc who upped the decradon (the neurosurgeon) and his nurse called back to let us know that she should go to the ER right away. When my mom seemed irritated about having to go, the nurse actually told me "she could die tonight". It took me by surprise and got us out the door very quickly. Thank God the phone was not on speaker as it usually is.

Anyhow, we got to he ER and I guess the swelling is bad enough (her left leg is huge) that we only waited like 30 minutes-a miracle of sorts..

ER doc wanted her to get a doppler of her leg, but that department closed at 5pm, so they admitted her after a shot of lovenox. She will stay tonight and get a doppler to check for a clot in the morning.

This is mom's first time ever in the hospital. I am waiting for her to open up about being scared or ticked off or something, but she is still emotionless. Weird to me..

Please pray that this is quickly resolved. Stepdad is staying the night with her.