My 37 year old mom died

Holly

Hi, my name is Holly. My 37 year old, (nonsmoker) mother, Joyce Hyde, died from lung cancer. I don't know if anybody here remembers her, but she was a member on this website. I used to read people's posts with her, and looking at this website now, I recognize some of your names. She told me that if she died, she would want me to post it on here. I forgot that she had said that, until just recently, which is why it's been so long. She died in December. I hope someone here remembers her- she was always on the computer, and she was usually encouraged by the replies she would get to her posts.

I know how hard it is for the families of people with cancer, so I want to say something to those parents with cancer: Keep Fighting! Please don't give up, because it is so hard on your kids when you're not there.

I'll be praying for everyone who has to post on this message board.

Love,

Holly, 15

"For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him will never die, but have eternal life." John 3:16

Hi Holly

I sure do remember your Mom, and her picture of when she was in Hawaii. I have often thought about her, and wondered how things were, but I know that her disease was already very advanced when she was on the board.

I am so sorry for your loss, Holly. I just lost my own Mum a couple of months ago, and it is harder than I ever imagined. And I'm alot older than you!!

Thank you for letting us know, and please stay with us if you would like some support from others who understand what you are going through.

My sincere sympathies to you and your family.

Karen

Hi Holly,

I did not know your mom as I just came on in January. But I would like to express my deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your mom.

This must have been so devestating as she was so young and never smoked. That is just not fair. I pray they could do some early detection to catch this disease early.

You are only 15, you should not be without a mom. I am so sorry.

You know your mom is watching out for you and one day when you are very very old and leave this earth she will be there for you. She will also be watching you through all those special events in your life, your proms, college, marriage, children etc. and she will be so proud and will be smiling down on you

Take care honey, I pray you are coping...

Maryanne

you're so young to have gone through this. I was shocked to see your age, you're so articulate about your devastating loss. I've only been 'here' since June but my mother has LC and I know what a terrible ordeal it is. I am so sorry for your loss.

keep coming here if there's any support we can give you.

xoxo

bunny

Holly, I remember your mother well. I was always so sad because she was so very young. I am so sorry to hear of her loss. I know this must be so very hard for you to deal with at such a very young age yourself. There are lots of people here that have lost their moms that would be great listeners, if you ever ned to talk. I'm so very sorry.

Holly,

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet your mom. I am sure she was an incredible person. I'm truly sorry that GOD has taken her from you so soon. She was very fortunate to have you as a daughter. Continue to have that kindness and love. I will pray for your emotional healing. Submerge yourself into being successful with whatever you do (school, life, other activites). As you know, life is too short to wait for things to happen. You make them happen. Your writing sounds as if you are a very bright girl and I know you will use those talents you have well. Good Luck to you and God Loves You!!!

LOVE AND HUGS!!

Jamie

Hi Holly,

Welcome to the Community. I have three daughters one of which is 15. I will do everything I can to fight this disease..... I promise.

I am sorry that your Mom isn't here for you now.... try and take comfort in the fact that you will see her again someday in paradise.

Thank you for posting and honoring your Mothers wishes, that took courage... and I am sure your Mom is smiling in heaven.

Joe

Holly, thanks for letting us know your mom had passed. I am so sorry, and wish you healing. I lost both parents when I was in my early twenties, so I know what it is to go through most of one's lifetime without them. We can honor them by living a good life and keeping their memories alive. Don

Holly:

I know it took courage for you to post the news about your Mom. She would be so proud of you that you remembered to honor her wishes. May God give you comfort during this difficult time for you and your family but know your Mom is now watching over you and still protecting you. I'm sure she's also still listening to you somehow. You're a very strong, courageous 15-year old!

Holly,

Thank you for posting. Losing those we love so much is so hard and it doesn't matter your age.

I know losing my mother this past spring has been hard for me too and I am older than your mother was. Yet I am still her child.

There are many days I want to just pick up the phone and talk with her, to hear her voice, to pick her brain for wisdom and comfort. Now all I can do is talk to her in spirit and know she hears me.

I know your mother is out of pain and suffering just like mine is but what I would give to have one more hour with her, with my husband, with my father.

We are survivors and having learned the lessons we have we have from our family cares us through.

May you be blessed with always having your mother with you in spirit.

Much love,

Shirleyb

Hi Holly,

I'm so sorry you lost your mom at such a young age, and that your beautiful mom was so young, too. I, too, remember her well, and even went back and read her posts today. She was so pretty and fought so hard. There was one post where she said she was very close to you, her 14-year-old daughter at the time. She loved you so much, and your brother and sister.

I'm sure it was hard for you to post this and I bet you think about your mom day and night. I'm so sorry, honey, and I am sending you a big hug. I recently lost my husband, so I am grieving right along beside you. I know it hurts.

Your brother and sister will need you for a long time to help them, and to help them remember every little wonderful detail about their mom. I know you will do a good job with them - I can just tell.

Love,

Peggy

Hi Holly....I am sooo sooo sorry you have lost your Mom at such an early age....I lost my Dad when I was 13 and sure do know the feeling...I know that doesn't help but please know that she IS home with God free of pain and you will some day be reunited

I didn't have the privaledge of knowing your Mom...but I'm sure she was a wonderful person and loved her children dearly....from your letter ...I know you will always keep her spirit alive....she is so proud of you...

Love and God Bless....PamS