Getting to know you - November 4 - Courtesy of Lillian

Ann

That she had lived to help others. She accomplished her goals and strived for excellence in whatever she did. She was a wonderful mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend. She had a kind and giving spirit. She put her faith in GOD and lived to worship him.

I feel like I'm bragging on myself. Sorry!

GOD BlESS!!

Jamie

Ann - She never asked for much but got a lot in return. Always remembered her roots and humble upbringing. Loving wife and mother. Made a difference in other people's lives. Always believed in the power of love. Always lived life as seen through the eyes of a child.

I would want people to say that I made a difference. That even when things looked like they would never get better that my Faith got stronger.(I'm struggling with that part now). Most of all I think I would want them to say that I really cared about other people. That my compasion was not just in words but actions.

I don't care a whit what others will say of me after I'm gone. History is always "written" by the survivors. And since I'm not a perfect person there are plenty of people who will not speak of me in flattering terms. The only legacy that matters to me is that the children I have raised will be decent human beings, and will do some good in this world. They will leave it a better place for having been here. Maybe nothing on a grand scale, but one kindness at a time.

I know that after I die, and after those that know and love me have died, that I will be an unknown person whose name is simply writtin on somebody's family history tree.

BUT, you've heard of the domino effect, right? Well, picture a long row of dominoes falling over one at a time after the first one is pushed. I believe that God created each and every one of us for a purpose. My hope would be that He used me at least for one thing I said or did that helped somebody else, and they passed it on and it helped somebody else, and they passed it on . . . . It doesn't matter that whoever receives it doesn't know it originated with me, just so long as the "thing" passed on keeps going and going like the domino effect. That would make me very, very happy!

Love to all,

Peggy

Well as long as they don't say "I thought she'd never leave" I'll be ok.

I hope they would say that I left things a little better than I found them. That I made a difference. I hope my clients have lived better lives because of me and that my children become good adults. Hopefully they will say I was good to those I loved.

I would like to think that I would be remembered for my faith. Because of my faith, I was always hopeful and forgiving. I was able to love without conditions, and that I only wanted what was best for my family and those I love. That I looked for the good in people and not the bad.

And for making the potatoe salad like my mom. It is the best!!

I hope they say, "She died with hair on her head!" :?

:D

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the main comments would be that I had a good sense of humor AND was a thoughtful and loyal friend. That I was generous...with my time and creative skills.

And I hope that people would feel I'd helped to raise two sons who - although they like beer and I could charge admission for a "Two Man Comedy Act" when they are together with a case of beer and a football game on the tube -are essentially very productive, responsible human beings! :D

Don't know who it was who had this on their tombstone...but I love it as an epitaph:

"SEE!! I told you I was sick!!" :wink: