Addie Update

Addie

Addie,

You are entitled to come here and tell us when you're down anytime, you can't go through chemo and feel strong all the time. Taxotere is pretty harsh and I know that neuropathy must be driving you nuts. I used to put my foot on a ziploc bag filled with ice, it took away the "pin-pricks" but don't hold it on the ice too long, it will get pretty numb.

I am also on Protonix for the tummy and it seems to really help. In fact I've been gaining weight since I started Alimta, but I don't really need any extra weight. :wink:

You listen to your body and try to eat, even a bite of something will help you feel better. Not eating can cause that nausea too! And when you are tired, just lie down and rest...

TAnn

((((ADDIE)))))

I am sorry to hear you are feeling so crummy. That urpy feeling is just awful. I know Keith has that as well, and sometimes says he just wishes he would just puke and get it over with instead of having that urpy tension feeling of almost puking. But then again this past week of Taxotere hit him hard and he was building an intimate relationship with the toilet and that didn't seem to make him any happier. If all your poor tummy can handle right now is milkshakes, then go with your gut. Have all the milkshakes you can stomach. :lol: While on Cisplatin and Carboplatin Keith only wanted milkshakes too, so I got him 2-3 a day. Good thing we lived only 6 blocks from a Dairy Queen. The bad part of that is that I couldn't get him ice cream without one for myself and not only did he keep his weight up but mine went up 20 pounds too. :cry:

You are in my prayers, and I hope the taxotere has great results for you. It has been keeping Keith stable for over 3 months now and still going, and I hope for at least that much for you too.

Hey Adiie,

Well, you have a dam better attitude than I do most days! Don't be so tough on yourself. I forgot to share w/ you before the mix of premends I get that increased my appetite and took away the urpy 100%.

Decadrom 4 mg pill one hour before I go in

Emend one pill 3 days in a row an hour before I go in

Aloxi IV 25 mg IV before chemo

Zofran at home only if I feel quessy, but this has not happened.

This works like magic.

Jen

Decadrom 4 mg pill one hour before I go in

Emend one pill 3 days in a row an hour before I go in

Aloxi IV 25 mg IV before chemo

Zofran at home only if I feel quessy, but this has not happened.

This works like magic.

It all sounds great but for the Decadron. They will have to whack me over the head with a two by four, for me to EVER agree to that crap again. I'm not kidding.

Infuse it, shove it in thru my ears, make me a necklace of pills to wear, make it into a powder, tint it pale pink and paint it on my eyelids....I don't care....BUT NEVER AGAIN WILL ORAL DECADRON PASS MY LIPS IF I CAN HELP IT. :(

Entertaining as I must have been while on that $#*t, I kept expecting to turn green and have this big impulse to change my name to Lou Ferigno. :shock:

I also had Aloxi the last day of chemo while on Topo. I will ask about having in my one day per week of Taxotere. I know it's good stuff too.

Never have been prescribed Emend - ?? I take Zofran and an Ativan before bed, every time I have chemo though.

Maybe going to the Aloxi would work well enough on my appetite? I am back up to 10 mgs. of prednisone, because most of my polymyalgia symptoms came roaring back when I was off of it AND on the Decadron before.

I tell you, I hate that stuff. Bad as I feel now, I was worse on Oral Decadron. It's nasty, nasty stuff...and as you guys well know, I've tolerated virtually all tx, rad and meds very well up until recently...so that's saying something! :?

Time to go soak my foot....or my head...or something. But thanks for the tip, Jen and all the rest of you, for your support. I've got most of my "tude" back....now, if I could just find some energy someplace. :roll:

"Tude" is nothing without a little energy to back it up, you know! :wink:

brian agrees.

His 'tude is up

his energy is lost somewhere. He asks that if you find some please save a bit for him.

Love

Love

Love

P

PS Aloxi and Emend helped Bri when he was on Cisplatin/VP16.

Emend co pay was 80 bux but worth every penny.

Now nothing helps him. He just pukes randomly, and then goes on.

I admire all of you guys so much and my heart breaks for your suffering.