prayers needed please

kim

Shane Allen Mitchell needs some prayers right now. He was born Thursday Nov. 3rd to two wonderful friends of mine. He has developed pulmonary hypertention due to a strep. infection(very bad for newborns). He is on a special ventilator called an ossolator and they use different mixtures of gases to try to help him breath better. He to unstable right now to be transfered to Kosair's Children's Hospital to get Echmo therapy. The next 24 to 48 hrs. are the most serious. Please include him in your prayers, this little guy could use them.

PS.

For those who don't know what Echmo is, it is where they put a line in the baby and run his blood through a machine that oxygenates it and sends it back to the baby. The lungs are then bypass as far as for getting oxygen from them. Kind like a Bypass machine for open heart, but it is used for the lungs.

I will try to keep you posted.

Just wanted to give you all and update on Shane. He is doing better!! Were going to wean him off the ossolater vent. today. The doctor said he was definately doing better. If he continues to do better may be on IV antibiotics for up to 21 days, but that's worth it!

Thanks for everyone's prayers, I know they have helped!

God Bless you all!

Just wanted to let everyone know that your prayers have helped enormously!! Shane is off the ventilator and took his first bottle today!! :D I told his mom that I had a lot of friends praying for him and she said to tell you all that she will be forever greatful. He will probably be one IV anibotics for awhile and is on a bili light, but I think that will be the easy part!

Thanks again! Proof that the power of prayer does work! Praise God!!!

mY little boy ahd a tough time in the beginning. He's ten now and smartest kid in his class.

At 2 lbs 2 oz who would have gambled on him? He was on a vent, had brain bleeds went septic. ver scary stuff!

he pulled through and I am glad he is one of those long shots!

Shane will do fine just like my baby Owen.

Hugs to mom and dad. Give praise to god.