Results...Finally

luvmydog2

Got the results today. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. Dr said there was no change since last visit. As far as the cold it was just that. I took a few antibodics and it took care of that. I suppose that I can rest easy for another 3 months now. I think I might head to the mountains for a few days before long.

One thing that did not look or sound too good is that I have lost another 16 lbs in 3 months. I was down 9 last time so that is a total of 25 lbs in 3 months. He wanted to know if I tried to do that which I did not. Another CT Chest/Ab/ Pelvis in 3 months. If any further weight loss by then (or earlier) then more test are in order. Maybe I should plan on eating more turkey, ham and goodies for the holidays.

Sure sounds like fruitcake time to me. Maybe I'll bake one and take to the mountains with me.

Thanks again for lending the ear everyone.

BTW....Still working part time so maybe that is part of weight loss. good possibility.

this sounds like good news to me, Bruce. you'll get to the bottom of the weight loss. I know it's been a while since your pneumo., but my mother's docs told us she could expect to lose some weight just for the fact that her body is working 2x as hard with half the equipment. she has, too, about 25 lbs.!

my personal weight gain strategy involves lots of cheese doodles. it's worked really well for me so far. :roll:

seriously, I hear that it makes you nervous. hopefully, you can live with it without too much anxiety.

xoxo

amie

I am sure you are burning more calories now that you are working. Heck just thinking about work and I burn calories. The other thing is you eat more when you are home--that fridge just seems to call my name. :lol: I am so glad your scans were good. I told you your wife was right!

Bruce,

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Have the docs checked your thyroid function, or pancreatic function? Sometimes weight loss like you've described can be an early sign of Diabetes, which can result from some of the medications we take or from some of the treatments/testing done on us. Just might want to check it out if it continues.

Bruce,

For crying out loud, forget about the mountains..head east toward the ocean...

If I remember right, the salt air really brings on the appetite. I cannot believe you still haven't made it to the beach...

Jeesh!

Best news I have heard all day Bruce. I gained 20 lbs during radiation 'cause all I would eat was milkshakes from Hardee's. They have changed them now and they aren't nearly so good, but I still crave them sometimes.

Relax for a while and eat, eat, eat. Looks like you will enjoy the holidays with all of that great food.

Nina

Sorry I'm so late seeing your post, Bruce! :oops:

Just want to add my WOOOHOOO to everyone's congratulations!

That's one of the things about having a "chronic" illness that drives me nuts now and then - every little symptom causes a little fear and doubt now. So glad a cold is still just a cold!

Please PM your snail mail address so I can send you my excess weight! I'd just LOVE to share it! :lol: Your assignment is seconds of turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Oh, and have an extra scoop of ice cream with you pumpkin pie! Egg Nog time is here, too! Get your "pack it on" tips here! :roll:

Leslie