Getting to know you - November 08

Ann

To read my posts now you would never believe that I was editor of my high school paper and yearbook. I was also a beauty queen when my yearbook adviser made me enter the contest. It took me 4 tries to become a cheerleader but I was very persistant. I went to 4 colleges and graduated after I had been married for 4 years. My first child was born approximately 9 months after we filed for adoption. The when I got pregnant with my daughter I was amazed that I could be pregnant twice.

Geesh, didn't mean to ramble.

Nina

I bought a car without having a job.

Life takes some interesting turns and at age 30, I found myself living with my parents with my son. I had just moved home from Alaska and didn't have a job, let alone a house, a car, etc. I had decided I needed a car before I could get a job so I went car shopping and bought one - without knowing how I was going to make even the first payment!

Upon getting home from work, my father came into the house and asked whose car was in the driveway - I told him it was mine and he just shook his head. Yep, I have 'em, and mine are made of brass! LOL

(I had a job within a week, talk about an incentive plan!)

I once cooked dinner for Greg"The Shark" Norman, LArry Byrd, Michael Jordan, Lawrence Taylor, JimPhillips Of The Phillies; at the same time.RSW

Deb once sent an Elephant to Alex Trebek and it is still in his office.