Melanie Russ

gale813

Thanks to all of you for your kind words... just a side note to those of you who didn't know. Melanie donated her body to science. In other words, she is going to Case Western Reserve College and medical students will use her body for their gross anatomy class. She felt very strongly about having her body do good after she was gone. That's just the kind of woman she was!!!!

Gale,

Melanie would find 5 things to be 'grateful' for each day and post them. She would encourage the rest of us to come up with our own '5' to post. It often gave us pause...and allowed focus to be placed on what we all had to be grateful for as opposed to all that was wrong. It helped me many times.

Melanie was so special!

Kasey

Oh, I am so sorry to read this news. Your sister , Melanie, was so very special to all of us. When thisgs looked hopeless, there she was...posting five things to be positive about and grateful for. God certainly received an angel in his midst when our deasa, sweet Melanie entered into His kingdom. Please know how very sorry I am for your loss.

Melanie was a very special person. She could always find the silver lining in the blackest of clouds. I will miss her very much. Her "5's" were really heartfelt and made each of us look for the good in our own lives.

Thank you for posting this news. I know she is with her Father in heaven. My prayers go out to you and the rest of her family.

Nina

It's so much like Melanie to donate her body to Case Western for study. Since I live in the general area...I've been checking the newspapers for info on her funeral arrangements. Obviously I have found nothing. Thanks for the update. Please know there are many of us sharing in your loss today.

We are having a memorial service for her today at Eliza Jennings nursing home on Detroit Ave, Cleveland. It's at 1:30. We had an obituary put in last Thursday in the Plain Dealer. I will update you all on how the memorial service went.

Thanks and God Bless you ALL!!!!

Hi Lori,

I would love it if you would send me a copy of all of Melanie's 5's. I tried to do a search, but I'm not real familiar with this site.

Thank you all for being her friend!!!! This site meant a lot to her. A couple of times she had problems with her computer and my fiance (who builds them) would take it and fix it up for her. She'd be on pins and needles til she got it back, worrying about all you guys on this site!!!!

Thanks,

Gale~

I never posted my fives.. but every day I still do my "fives". Some days it's darn hard to do them.. but when I struggle, I always think of Melanie .. and how she always seemed to have her five in line and probably at least another 10 to go with it..

When I first saw this post.. I could barely catch my breath..but thinking of her... since, I realize.. that I should do my best not to be sad.. because her gift to us and probably so many others has left this world a better place..

love and fortitude

elaine

I thank you all so very much for your kind words. Melanie was a very special person. She was my best friend and I don't say that like some people do about siblings, I really mean it. Our dad was in the Navy and we moved a lot. Many times we were the only people we knew in a new and strange place. We developed not only a sister bond, but a necessity bond. We never lost that. Over the years she would be in a bad place and I would help her out. I would sometimes be in a bad place and she would help me out. We never asked for anything in return, we always did it out of love, no questions asked.

Boy, I miss her.