Returning to this site after some time

Dot

Hi- used to visit this site often last yr. after my diagnosis and surgery but stopped for awhile when the new format went into effect. I have stage IV NSCLC (adenocarcinoma), surgery was 5/29/02 left pneumonectomy. No radiation/chemo. (my own choice) and up until last week my follow-up scans have been good. Now Ct scan showed pericardial effusion (mild) and afew spots on the bone scan (ribs and knee). I am 46 with a daughter leaving for college in 2 weeks and another one getting married in 3 months. We are all quite terrified. I am asymptomatic as far as the pericardial effusion goes but my joints are achy. I did also undergo a total hysterectomy 5 months ago and there is always the possibilty of the bone business being degenerative in nature. Hope everyone there is hanging in there as best as possible- this is a wonderful website, since lung cancer seems to get swept under the carpet too often and ignored- we need to be there for each other. Keep positive and as productive and busy as possible- keeps you from losing your mind with this unpredictable illness!Dot

Guest Michael

Dot, there's an article that I would like to email you regarding your type of cancer. I'm at AL3404@AOL. So sorry to hear about your struggle with this horrible illness.

Dot-

I have to agree that this is a terrifying disease, but your advice about staying positive and productive is certainly sound. I hope your aches and pains are just that...nothing more. Welcome back to the site and let us know what's the latest. Will say a prayer for you.

Hi Dot;

Good to hear from ya again :) I see you have quite a bit on your plate right now. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

keep us posted, your right, were here for each other, nobody should have to face this terrible disease alone!

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"