Did You Know .......

Ann

There are more than 4,000 chemicals in cigarette smoke. Some of these chemicals are also found in wood varnish, the pesticide DDT, arsenic, nail polish remover and rat poison.

Source: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services

Just think, my dad worked in a petro chemical company. He took his ciggy breaks on top of bags of asbestos and under pipes of benzene and ethelene. God knows what else he was exposed when he worked for the US government during the Vietnam War.

He quit smoking and drinking in 1985.

To me, I hate cigarette smoking with a passion but I don;'t hate smoker as long as they are far away from me. i think smokers get a bad rep. I am basically live and let live.

I've smoked for one summer during the 5th grade. I smoked pot on an off for 20 years from age 25 to age 41.

There is a possibility I may get cancer. I worked for Exxon for 6 years and was expposed to chemicals in concentrations that are higher than what most have exposure to.

Hell, if you think about it there is a chane that all of us could get it.

My take is that one day they're going to find out how to save us and then the pharmecuetical companies will make us all pay out the nose.

That is my opinion. take it or leave it.

Eppie

I've smoked for one summer during the 5th grade. I smoked pot on an off for 20 years from age 25 to age 41.

Um, eppie, I believe there may be something to the idea that smoking pot does things to your brain - you couldn't have smoked pot off and on for 20 years from age 25 to 41, that's not 20 years! :shock:

Hell, if you think about it there is a chane that all of us could get it.

...and I don't have to think about it, I KNOW that anyone can get it, I have it.

It ain't just cigarette smoke, it could be air pollution, herbicides, pesticides, dioxins, radon, food additives, over-the-counter medications, diet aids...and it could just be a terminal fault of a carbon-based life form.

..and I DO avoid areas of cigarette smoke and I feel that people who smoke in a car with kids should be ticketed for child endangerment and I do NOT feel that a person's right to smoke (which is NOT a Constitutional right, it's an assumed one) outweighs my right to breathe.