crazy

We got my husbands scan results back. Tumors have continued to shrink but are still there. He has had his last chemo treatment for now. I know it is good news that he has responded to chemo but knowing it is still there is so scary. I feel like I am crazy. One day or moment I feel like I can do this I can handle it, whatever happens. I can take care of myself and my kids and we will be ok and even be happy and have a good life but then sometimes I think thatis so crazy and how will we get through this I am in denial if I think we'll be ok.

What you are feeling is normal. That is why we call this the roller coaster ride of emotions. I have up days and down days even though my husband has continued to have progression of disease. No tumors have responded to treatment yet. YET!!!! It is just of matter of time until they do find something that works.

Your husband is responding. This is wonderful. Allow yourself to have concerns but do not waste too much time with worry. It will wear you completely out. I know. Bless you dear.

Peg

this is my post. I know that my husbands response to chemo is a pos. thinng and that there are plenty of people here who are in worse shape than we are. I know that I should not waste what I have now being sad about what will happen in the future. However, sometimes it is so hard to be positive, have gratitude and faith. I sometimes feel that the times when I do have faithand feel that no matter what happens I can be ok that I am crazy and those feelings are wrong and I am fooling myself.

I MIGHT BE BLAMING MY POST ON MY STEROIDS. :evil: BUT I AM PRAYING RIGHT NOW TO GET THE RESULTS YOU HAVE GOT. I WAS ON CHEMO FOR METS TO THE ADRENAL GLANDS TOOK CT SCAN TO SEE RESULTS AND A MRI TO SEE HOW THE HEAD WAS DOING, WELL I NOW HAVE THREE METS TO THE BRAIN SO THEIR GONNA STOP THE CHEMO WHILE I GET RADATION. MEAN WHILE I WONT GET THE RESULTS ABOUT THE CT SCAN FOR THE ADRENAL GLADS UNTILL FRIDAY. IF THERE IS NO CHANGE OR THEY ARE GROWING THEN WHAT DO I DO? I CANT GET CHEMO NOW, I HAVE TO WAIT. YOU SHOULD THANK THE LORD YOU ARE GETTING RESULTS AND ARE BETTING THIS. I CANT EVEN TAKE CARE OF ONE CANCER AND ANOTHER ONE POPS UP. IF I GET THE RESULTS YOU GOTTEN I WILL BE DANCING IN THE STREETS RIGHT NOW!!

Guest peggyd

Hi

Happy to hear about your hubby's results. Thank God for them and try and carry on. I know how difficult that can be. Part of me wants to believe with all my heart that everything is going to be OK. And then I think am I just setting myself up for a fall. That's part of this whole thing. There are good days and there are also bad days. You are on such a roller coaster of emotions all the time. Try and stay positive. Its the best for you and your loved one. I have sort of convinced myself that if something does happen to my husband, if I do lose him, I will have more than enough time to grieve then. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy being around him, having him around me and thank God for each and every day we have together.

Hope that helps.