Addie, where are you?

ginnyde

Good morning Ginny and all ~

I am a close friend of Addie and her husband asked me to let you know that the news is not good.

In his words:

Well folks, the news was not good today. Cooper, the ONC Doc., called at 2:30 and said that we need to come to the hospital, now. Arrived at just after 3:00 and they had laid out the radiation routine and admitted her to the hospital for the treatment. Admission was necessary as she cannot walk. She has fallen three times this week and I was afraid that one was going to hurt her outside of the disease issue.

Diagnosis: Metastacies(sp) inside the spinal cord. Largest and most troubling is at the base of the neck just above the area that was radiated for the lung lesions. Swelling and growth of lesions posing a risk to nerve functions over most of the central torso. Hence, she had her first of ten radiations early this evening. Pain was still there when I left her tonight, but with early treatment, it should improve the swelling and therefore the pain.

Second lesions are in the lumbor (sp) region of the spinal cord and not as developed as those above. Those will be radiated starting tomorrow. Also for ten days.

How long she will be in the hospital is not known. At a minimum, it will be three to five days with her mobility being a key issue for release. Also the medicine that they give her for swelling and other issues, she has trouble taking the pill form, so by being in the hospital she can have infusions of the medicine. For some reason she can tolerate that ok.

The eleventh (11) floor of Danbury Hospital in mostly the Oncology ward if you have been admitted. She is in room #15. The radiation treatments will be once each day for both locations. Tomorrow's is scheduled for 1:00 to 1:15, but we all know how hospitals are.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify the Team and those of the lc.boards.

Updates as available.

paul

I am so sorry to be the bearer of this sad news. I know Addie is so beloved here at LCSC, and she loves all of you.

I promise I will bring updates as I recieve them until Addie can be in touch.

Bless you all,

Bibala

Thank you so much for the update and please continue. Addie is a dear, sweet and generous person and I pray that these treatments will be helpful.

I have never met her in person, but feel that she is a friend and I ache for her and her family right now.

Please let her know I am sending my prayers and my love. I will be away from the computer for a couple of days but it is not for lack of caring.

Please let Addie know that she is in our thoughts and prayers. She is so loved on this board. Addie is such a good friend and a wamr, wonderful person. I am sending all my positive vibes in her direction. Thank you so very much for giving us this information!

Thank you so much for updating us on your beloved Addie...

Please let Addie know that I am thinking of her and sending out mega prayers.

She is one of the most loved on this board. Her wit, "additude" and inspiration has helped so many.

Let us help her now, but sending prayers.

We love you Addie!! Get well,

Maryanne

Dear Addie,

Please know that your absence from LCSC will leave a huge void for all of us here and we will anxiously await for your return and will be doing our best to keep the "additude" in full swing until you return to your post. Our prayers will be with you.

Thank you to Addie's friends and family for letting us know, I'll be keeping you in my prayers also!

Just wanted to pop in and tell you that a friend is bringing a lap top to Addie today !! Also, she is in good spirits and is laughing and joking.......can't keep this girl down for long !! :D

So, hopefully she'll be checking in with all her LCSC friends today !!

Bibala

Paul & Bibala, thank you for the updates.

Addie, I'm sure you know how we depend on your wit and wisdom, let alone Additude, so I'm glad you're getting a laptop so you can get your butt back here!

I'm praying that you'll surprise the entire hospital staff with how quick those mets start to behave themselves. And in the meantime, let us know what we can do to help.

We're pulling for you! And we're crazy about you -- You know that, right?!

BeckyCW