What a Difference a Year Makes

Kasey

Forum Moderators: Please feel free to place this post appropriately. It could very well fit here, or in LC Survivors, or NSCLC, or Good News, or even Inspirational.

November 12, 2004....the day I joined LCSC :) !!! For months before this date I was living with the realization that I would not see flowers in Spring 2005 :cry: . I was told that. Well folks, not only did I SEE them, I PLANTED some, and then PICKED them :wink: !

This site (thanks Katie and Rick), and the guidance of 2 very special members - DonnaG and mhutch (aka MaryAnn), armed me with the information needed to find the help that saved my life (see MY STORY for the entire version).

So I will celebrate today...the Spring I experienced AND the Summer AND the Fall. You know what??? I am pretty certain Winter will be on the list as well.

I feel blessed since my LC dx. I want to thank you all...everyone....for the love and support found here. You are my friends who understand! It is comforting to be here with friends who 'get it'. Many of my face to face friends just don't, you know.

You all are amazing! Keep doing what you do. Keep that hope and support alive!

Love,

Kasey

(((Kasey))),

November 12 has now become a very special day in my life. It marks the day that you came into our lives. Your presence here is a gift to all of us. Yes, Kasey, we all "get it" and we understand. Thank god we have each other . Sometimes I think the rest of the world doesn't "get it", even the doctor's . I just can't find the words to tell you what your friendship and support has meant to me. Love you Kasey and so glad you found us and were inspired by Donna g and MaryAnn to seek the help that has saved your life.

Love,

Sue

Casey thank you for the support that you have been to me and I am sure to so many others. That is the wonderful thing about LCSC. You come in need of support and you provide support to others. God Bless you.

Carol

thank you for all the flowers you have cultivated here. I remember when you first came to the pub and sat in the corner, not feeling much a part of the group... I would say that things have changed a bit.

Would still love more news from the Kaseys on a regular basis, though. So glad you are still here...now let's go get a cold something or another!

Thank you for all of your good, kind support to all of us!

Cindi o'h

Hi Kasey,

I am really soooo busy, I actually just came on to see how Addie was doing, then I saw your post.

So I have to reply before I log off here for a little while.

Kasey we were blessed on Nov. 12 when you joined us. You have been such a dominant presence here. You give so much or yourself in your postings. Your help to so many of us on here has been inmeasureable and its only been a year!! Your are a very special lady and thank you for all the compassion you show.

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!!!! :mrgreen:You will have many, many, many more to come.

Take care my friend, go celebrate with that wonderful hubby of yours.

Celebration drinks later at Cindi's... :D

Maryanne :wink:

Geez, Kasey, give a girl a can of WhupAss and look at her go!

This board saved my mental health, your story is even more amazing, the information you found was probably responsible for you still being here! Funny how those "little" miracles happen, huh?

Love ya,

Becky

Dear Kasey,

I am so happy for you and hope you have many more years to come. I had surgery nearly two years ago. In fact, yesterday the 11th was exactly two years since they first suspected lung cancer. I'll never forget that day and how I felt. God bless you and keep you well. Thank God you were able to have your surgery.

Sharon

Kasey,

You are totally awesome and a truly beautiful person inside and out. It has been a pleasure of mine to read your posts and witness your angelic ways. You are a godsend and we are lucky to have you!!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Jamie