Is Sore throat anything to worry about?

eppie

My dad has a sore throat...drainage light cough. I have to tellhim to take tyenlol for pain...( I don;t konw why he has to be told to take something but God knows I take tylenol for every ache and pain LOL.

Hre's on anitbiotic....but with LC everything worries me...is this or that a side effect. HE hasn't had rads to the chest but he has to the brain about 3 weeks ago. Any thoughts? Should I just wait and see. HE just got through with one hospital stay and I want to avoid another. His blood counts have been good enough for chemo....So I guess that would be one indicator of problem. It's not like I need to go looking for tihngs to worry about.

I am excited though...I go see him next week for a week. The only sad thing is I can't take the hubs and kids. They'lll just have to have turkey without me. Hubs is a great cook so they won't starve.

Hugs to all,

Eppie

Well this is cold season, and the cold crud it going around. hopefully that's all it is, and being he is taking antibiotic's I wouldn't get to worried just yet, but for peace of mind he should or you should call his Onc's office and let them decide if this is worth dealing with or not.

Don't forget that those of us going through cancer treatments who are on antibiotics are prone to fungal infections of the mouth and throat (Thrush), not to mention the skin and other places. It goes with the territory, Eppie. The worst sore throat I ever had was from Thrush. If we are also on Steroids that makes us even more susceptible to fungal infections.

You can certainly have it checked out. Mom's Dr. reminded us today that before she was diagnosed, she got colds, etc. Now it seems to us that everything is cancer -related.

Not saying to ignore symptoms...by all means stay vigiliant. But, like a cigar, sometimes a sore throat is just a sore throat.

:) Kelly

I was just reading on another site about concerns about coughs..but these were mostly after surgery..Drs. said it could be anything from acid reflux to a blocked esophagus which would need to be stretched.

and of course don't rule out cold or flu....Hope he is feeling better soon.prayers for recovery coming your way..

Stephi

Thanks everybunny for all the help...it is fungal. He went to the dr. and now feels better. but before he felt better...he had trembling in his right arm, pins and needles and numbness. All ---atleast that is how we've deduced it--related to the blood clot in his armpit an NOT related to the first fear we all had...the brain mets he had ten rounds of WBR.....oh the worries but tonight in the final eval we can say this is all ok. Anyway he is going to have his forst cat scan either FRi or Mon. That will give us all something to celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm placing bets on shrinkage.

And not the George Costanza kind!

Much love to all,

Eppie

Dad says the ct tech saw fluid in his lung. I have worries. "What if what if" kind of worries. Since he had the efflusions before...does their reappearence mean cancer is spreading? Please chime in. I hate Scans on FRidays---the weekend waiting is driving me crazy.

Eppie,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your NEW QUESTION. You have this NEW QUESTION in the the Sore Throat Post, and people may just pass it by thinking it is your Sore Throat post. Just trying to help!

Having fluid on or in the lung is never a good things, but it's doesn't always mean the cancer has spread either. I'm sorry you have to wait, as we ALL know waiting SUCKS, but you can't do a THING about it as far as results until Monday. TRY NOT to reck your weekend with worry. Worrying isn't going to change a thing.

Make sure your dad keeps you in tune on how he is feeling. If you have concerns about this, or if his beathing gets bad over the weekend, take him to the ER.