A Weekend Recap- PICTURES

Debi

We had a GREAT weekend at the Arts & Crafts Fair. My sister flew in from Florida Thursday night to help me out so I got to spend ALL weekend with her. On Saturday, Katie and her mom came to spend the day with us, and we got to meet Kelly and HER mom. I had a GREAT time with them all and we had lots of laughs. By the way, Kelly, your mom's Koolaid Jammers ALL sold out, we sold the last one at about 4:45 pm Sunday! And John, we sold all of your stuff! :)

The table made more money than I expected, and alot of people actually told me they had seen me in the paper and ASKED for a cookbook! At the end of the day on Saturday a TV reporter was on site and I managed to corner him (slightly combatively) about November being Lung Cancer Awareness Month. We talked for a bit and he said he was coming back on Sunday and he would do an interview with me then. He did take my phone number just in case he didn't and Sunday came and went without him coming back. Since the story never ran on the Art & Crafts fair I can assume something else came up. So I will give him a few days to call, and then email him at the TV station if he doesn't. He seemed pretty sincere and I nag real well...

Anyway, I feel good about 'coming out'. Everyone working there was wonderful & fun, and the food was good. 8):lol: Nobody said anything negative, I heard nothing about smoking and hopefully some people left with a seed planted. I did meet one lung cancer survivor, and several who were related to one. I also met 2 ladies who had recently lost their dads to lung cancer and my heart went out to them.

To share something pretty personal...I had been joking off and on all weekend with an older man who was helping to run the fair. Before I left on Sunday, he stopped to tell me how enjoyable our table had been Then he got all serious, and said quietly that he would never forget me. It was a 'wow' moment for me, that's the whole point of everything, to not be forgotten, and his saying it made me almost cry. I can only hope that we were able to give others a reason to remember.

What a wonderful, uplifting post, Debi! What all were you selling besides the cookbooks? What was John's stuff?? Sounds interesting to me. I bet I would have bought. And no doubt that gentlelman will never forget you...such a warm, wonderful person that you are :D !

I am going to have to learn how to do a craft fair and/or a walk or something. I gotta help us out!

Glad the weekend was so successful. Thank you for all that you did to make it so.

Kasey

Seriously, you guys, Debi rocked!

I was only there for one day. You want to know true commitment? Debi spent three days 20 feet from the wood flute man! Oh, sure, it sounds peaceful when you walk by, but when the guy only knows four songs ("The Rose," "Titanic" "Sound of Silence,"...blocked out the 4th), you get a bit cranky. After several hours I wanted to claw his eyes out, and I'm not a violent person! The only thing that helped us keep our sanity was Katie B's priceless mom. You want to keep laughing, just sit next to her!

Mom felt so empowered on the drive back. We talked about a lot of LCSC lingo, etc, and she declared that she wanted to be NED. Her attitude is back on the positive track. I'm really greatful to Debi for that.

Did I mention that Debi rocks?

:) Kelly

Hey Kelly did you know that Debi not only ROCKS but she ROCKS AND ROLLS!!! I'm here to tell you, this girl has what it takes to draw attention to Lung Cancer Awareness. Not to mention older men?!?! :roll::P Sure Deb, lead the poor guy on, and send him on his way, only crying for more of you. Glad to hear you haven't lost your touch Deb! :wink::P

Sounds like you all had a GREAT TIME and did a GOOD job of spreading the news about LCSC and Lung Cancer Awareness.

THANK YOU ALL!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!

Hugs To You All,

Connie

Well, except for the flute man, it sounds like a great weekend! (I'm trying to imagine the torture... but I'm not sure it compares with the Highway to Hell experience!)

I'm really glad it went so well. Thanks for all that hard work - and I'm glad you all got a lot of laughs out of the weekend, too! Debi, I think there are a lot of poeple who won't ever forget you!

BeckyCW

Well, except for the flute man, it sounds like a great weekend! (I'm trying to imagine the torture... but I'm not sure it compares with the Highway to Hell experience!)

I'm really glad it went so well. Thanks for all that hard work - and I'm glad you all got a lot of laughs out of the weekend, too! Debi, I think there are a lot of poeple who won't ever forget you!

BeckyCW

Wow Debi, you really do Rock N Roll. I wish I could have been there to share all of that.

It sounds like a complete success and I hope this help many people to become aware of LC.

The pic are great too. You look awesome Debi. Actully everybody looks great.

Good going girl, this calls for a round at Cindi's this weekend

We should call it Rock N Roll Debi weekend at Cindi's

Maryanne

Thanks for your kind words everyone, as usual..

And in answer to your question Ginny, we sold about 25 cookbooks - and lots of other stuff. Katie was unbelievable as far as having all this stuff to sell. And the events people hooked us up, we were right in the atrium, inside the doors - we were the first table you saw on the way in and the last one when you left. People at work today told me that they couldn't beleive what a good spot the event people gave us!! THEY are the ones that rocked!! How nice to not be judged and to be treated so well (we talk so much about the ignorant people, we forget about the rest sometimes!)!

And Kelly.. I think the flutist's 4th song was "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" although on Sunday, he did add "My Way" by Frank Sinatra to his never ending, looping set :o:? . I am told that next to the yodeling Dolly Parton look alike and Willie Nelson twin performing in the main room, we fared pretty well :shock: !