lung cancer research

endangered but surviving

There are alot of research facilities around the country- just not enough dedicated funding for LC research.

If you want your donation to go strictly to research you can request donations go an organization that distributes all funds to research facilities- such as Lungevity that will chose for you, or you can find your own research center or cancer center and specify that your funds go directly toward Lung Cancer research.

In my area, there are alot of facilities. One that I have personally toured and am very impressed with is Mary Crowley Medical Research Center. They were the pioneers of the GVAX vaccine. I can donate there and specify that my funds go toward gene therapys and only to lung cancer research (they are huge and research all cancers) but if I didn't already have a personal choice, I would go to Lungevity and let them chose for me.

Good luck.

Mary Crowley is where our "Ask the Experts" is from.

They have research facilities and they treat patients out of Baylor Dallas.

I went there to tour the facility and speak with the president on several occasions. I went there with the intention of donating my personal funds to THEM, and instead they VOLUNTEERED to help US because they know how important this website is to people who are struggling with and fighting this disease! Their associates volunteer their time to answer our questions here!

If you look at the top center of this page you will see three boxes of links. The one that says MCMRC is a direct link to them. Putting a link up to them is the least we can do for all their help in the EXPERTS forum!

You can also donate directly to comprehensive cancer centers- there should be one in every major city, and then specify your donation go only toward LC research.

Good luck!

Well, I have to add my two cents here.

I know LCSC isn't Research but, we sure could use some grant money so LCSC can stay up and running for years to come. Sadly enough, this Website only runs on donations and those donations vary from month to month and sometimes they are far and few in-between.

However, I am VERY GRATEFUL to those that DO donate to LCSC and we wouldn't be here if it weren't for those of you that DO donate. THANK YOU from the BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND ONE LUNG for those donations! :wink:

But, you have to admit, we do a LOT to help people here. Where would most of us be without LCSC?

• 3 weeks later...