I'm new here......

nancyf267

Hi there ~

My name is Nancy, I'm 38 years old and was diagnosed with SCLC just last week. I find out tomorrow whether it's limited or extensive....I have never been so scared in all my life. I don't know how you guys radiate so much faith, hope, and positive energy ~ but I feel it and hope I am able to absorb some from you folks...I sure need it about now!

Thanks,

Nancy

((((((((((((((((((NANCY)))))))))))))))))))

Welcome Nancy! I'm so sorry you had to find us, but I sure am glad you did! Sweetie, we're here to lend you a helping hand and walk the walk with you.

It's not an easy walk now and then, but it's very DOABLE!! Many of us have beat the odds and have gone on to live normal, happy lives. And I see NO reason you can't do that too!!! :wink::wink:

Hope you'll stay with us, and let us do what we are pretty good at, helping others in the same boat. We'll laugh when you want to laugh, we'll cry and hold you when it's time to cry. We're all pretty good at this. :roll:

Your NOT ALONE! Your fear is real and everyone of us totally understands. Your in good hands here.

Hi Nancy,

I am the caregiver to my husband Alan who was dignosed with small cell on Jan 10th. the 1st month after DX is probably the worst, but you will eventually fall into a "routine" and yes you have found the best group of loving supporting people ever. the hope on this board is wonderful and has kept me going through some pretty tough times with Alan's disease and they will get you through also. use us for whatever you may need.

My prayers are coming your way

Debbie

Husband Alan DX small cell lung cancer Jan 10th 2005

Hi Nancy..

Just want to extend a warm welcome to you. Sorry you are going through this. I remember the first days and weeks and it is frightening. Just wait though, when you get more information and a plan of action the fear will subside, I promise!!

Then it will come just every once so often.

We will help you all that we can. We have a lot of our own experiences to share, should you find yourself stumped.

I am pretty sure that our own Addie is also originally from Or. I will have to tell her that you signed on.

Let us know how tomorrow's appointment goes. We are with you all the way. You are not alone in this, Okay?

Cindi o'h

Nancy-I like the others are glad you found us.

Ask questions, lots of them. Make a plan and make sure you have a Dr that you can work with.

I found out when I was 44, 4 yrs 9 months ago, it was extensive and I am still here.

Fill in the profile so we can keep up with your treatment as you go thru it.

Cindy

Dear Nancy,

So sorry you had to look for a lung cancer support group... But so glad that you found this one!!! You will be inspired by the stories you read here. The people on this site are truly angels in disguise. You will gain so much knowledge, strength, and peace from the people who touch your life here. I welcome you, and I pray for you. Love, Sharon

So, it's 4:57am and of course I can't sleep! I thought I would sign on and see if maybe someone talked to me ~ what a suprise I got! You guys are wonderful! Between your comforting words and a cup of Sleepytime Tea, I think I will be able to go back to sleep for a bit. You all truly are amazing individuals ~ thank you for your kindness!

Nancy

So sorry you had to look for a support group of this type but...I can tell you that you have found the very best. There are so many wonderful people here that will laugh with you, cry with you and cheer you on when you need a little push in life. My husband had sclc and I know how terrified you must be right now. Just try and pay as little attention as possible to the statistics. I know how very tempting it will be to do a Google search for amlll cell lung cancer and then sit there all night driving yourself crazy. I know, because I did that. Instead, pay attention to all of the great success stories out there....like our very own Cindy RN. Your mental state and readiness to fight will have a great outcome on how you fare with this disease! We're here to support you!!!!

What a rotten way to find out about this site. It is a wonderful place to learn all kinds of information. The people here are awesome! They are encouraging and let you know that you are always in their thoughts and prayers. This is a great forum to share exchanges and questions with people. Praying for you Nancy. pammie

Party at Nancy's tonight ~ ya...I must be nuts...I found out 10 days ago that I have lung cancer and I'm happy happy happy...why, you ask?? Because my Doctor just told me that all of my scans were clear, and it's LIMITED stage! YEAH!!!! He told me chemo and radiation @ the same time will be rough ~ then the brain radiation stuff after that. A long,hard road I'm sure ~ that's why I'm happy to have all my new friends here!

God Bless,

Nancy

Hi Nancy

Welcome, of course you are going to get answers to your post. That is what we do here. We are always here for you.

I am sorry about your diagnosis. Please know the LC is not a death sentence, It can be beaten or be under control with treatment. Just have confidence that you will be alright. After the initial shock wears off and you start treatment, you will feel so much better.

Feel free any time to ask questions or just vent.

Again welcome, you are not alone.

Maryanne :wink:

Nancy...

I am up for your party! I'm bringing the cake...Yay!! Nancy has limited stage small cell lung cancer!!!! Hip hip hooray!!!

(you are tooo funny)

but I get it. We all do!

Here's to you, Nancy. So glad you are here and will get to know you better as time goes on.

Congrats, Again! This IS very good news! And a very good attitude to boot!

love, Cindi o'h

You will do just fine.

Your attitude is awesome (We call it Addietude after our dear dear Addie friend who is awesomest)

Limited is very good news, indeed.

It is weird to celebrate your dx, but count us in.

We are concentrating on the good part and praying about the other stuff.

Love

Pat