I'm new here......

nancyf267

Thanks for celebrating with me! Although, reality is back today ~ this cancer stuff stinks! My dad came by and took me shopping for cute hats ~ which my husband was very happy about because he actually got a break from me calling him at work and crying! Boy were you guys right about the highs and lows. Heck, I have a week and 1/2 before I even start chemo and I'm a basket case. I'm so glad I found you guys, what a HUGE difference it makes talking with you!

My prayers to all,

Nancy

Nancy, WHY are they waiting a week and a half before they start your chemo/treatments? :shock: OKAY, I'm sorry, but SOONER IN YOUR CASE, is BETTER!

I think the family here will agree with me.

I would call and ask WHY are they waiting? Any other family member here wish to chime in on this issue?

Everyone that I know that has small cell, they start them on chemo ASAP! Not a week or so down the road.

To HELL with the holidays! This is your life we're talking about. I think I would share that with your Onc doc if I were you.

Your limited right? Well, lets keep it that way tell him!! I'm concerned for you my dear. Ask the other members here what they think.

Small cell is aggressive and they don't like to wait. That's what I have always been told.

Good luck

Connie

Interesting article Cindi o'h, it does make the waiting a little easier...I'm just scared that today it's limited and tomorrow it will be extensive ~ there has to be that point where it crosses over so to speak. Thank you Connie, I will make that call 1st thing Monday morning and tell them just that! "It is my life we're talking about here!" I will let ya know what he says.

Thanks again,

Nancy

I will be very surprised if even a phone call from the pope will get you in any faster than is already planned.

I will pray for your energies to be used in remembering acceptance over what you cannot change. I will pray for peace in every cell in your body. Fear is the enemy.

Your plan is there. You are safe.

Cindi o'h

My onc delayed my chemo by a week as I was out of it on painkillers and medication side effects etc. He said there was no reason to be concerned, a week was going to make no difference at all and it gave me time to get a second opinion.

I started my chemo the day after seeing another onc (who is now my only onc) and am still here 4 years later to tell the tale.

My limited did not change to extensive during that week so try not to worry too much Nancy.

This will get less scary as time goes by.

Take care

Geri

Nancy,

Let me first say, I am sorry if I scared you! NOT AT ALL MY INTENTIONS! And God Bless Cindi, and Geri for making my message to you a little softer. Thanks Girls!

Those that I have dealt with over the years and a few doc's that I have talked to over the years about SCLC say they really like to start chemo ASAP IF THEY CAN on SCLC!

Now the flip side is, I DO know one lady that was told she needed CHEMO ASAP for her small cell and she told her doc that SHE was taking a Cruise that they had planned and she would start her chemo when she got back. Her Cancer HAD spread to her liver. :shock: Well, long story short, 6+ years later, she is still here and doing just FINE!! :wink::D

But, I won't lie that I am concerned. But, I'm sure a week-and-half will be just fine.

Your more then welcome to insert your foot in my rear if that would make you feel better. I'm sorry for putting the fear of God in you. :oops::oops:

Connie...you crack me up! I like that you are straight up whether you scare me or not ~ I appreciate (and need) your opinion....everyone's opinion. Remember guys, this is soooo new for me, I really need to hear all of your comments! And Cindi, I'm sure you are right, my treatment plan is in place and I'm sure they will insist on sticking to it ~ but I will voice my concer to them! Geri...WOW, 4 years...WOW WOW WOW! And Connie, a friend who was diagnosed 6+ years ago :D I am so happy to have found you guys ~ if I hadn't, I would probably still be in bed crying like a baby!!!

God bless you all,

Nancy

Well then, I guess I am happy I could help to get your arse out of bed and turn off the tears for a day or so! :wink::roll:

But, I still think you should put your foot in my rear, but before you do, let me get MY FOOT OUT FIRST! :roll::oops::wink::P

I am glad to hear your going to ask though. It CAN'T HURT TO ASK! The worst they can say, is NOPE, no can do!

Hugs,

Connie

Oh...I forgot to tell you guys, I print out each of your stories regarding your journey with lung cancer and keep different ones with me at different times. It helps remind me that there is hope, and I have to fight like never before! Geri went to church with me today, tucked in my bible. And, I believe it was Cindi who accompanied me to my doctor's office on Thursday. You guys are there for me more than you know :wink:

You all are awesome!