Tattoo Who???

Debi

I would put it on my back so that it WASN'T seen on a daily basis. I work in a professional office, no blue spikes in my hair, no piercings other than my ears (that are visible) and no biker chick tattooes. I can wear all my scars, but no ink. I don't wear bare shoulders or open-back shirts so the back or the hip, etc. would be a good choice. I have three of 'em and didn't want ANY of 'em, ever. I have one in the very center of my chest and one under each arm.

Needles...and paying someone to poke me multiple times - hell, I think I should get a discount if the tech or phlebotomist can't hit what they're looking for the first time! Ack! :shock:

• 4 months later...

Hi I have a idea for a tattoo for you you ever see the tattoos righta t the base of the back before the rearend they r so sexy I saw one I liked out of a magazine it was a blackrose with vines allaround didnt get it yet but im gonna! So just I idea of teh area to get one thats very sexy and the roses with the vines there are awesome! God Bless

for you experts..

I have wanted a tattoo for years and I have my image picked. It's been picked forever... Unfortunately, things like cancer and life have been getting in the way. I really want to do this over the summer but my problem is where to put the dang thing.

Mine is a figure so I can't do a middle of the back or a long draping kind of thing. My other problem is scars.. oh the scars I have. Scars on my back from LC stuff, scars all across the abdomen from many surgerys there too. Even scars across the hips. Can they tattoo on scars? Is the skin too thick? What about elasticity of the skin? Does it need to be super tight? I don't think I have any skin that is super tight anymore, anywhere on my body.. :lol: I had always planned to put it on my lower abdomen... but I just don't know about skin quality. I guess I could ask the tattoo artist but geez... do I really want this guy inspecting my body for one small spot that isn't filled with scars and the skin is tight?? Anyone have their tattoo placed over a scar?

My mom waited until she was 63 to get a tattoo. She said,"At this point in my life I can do what I want to do." She got a celtic cross with a rose winding around it on her right shoulder. My little sister got a yen and yang (looks like little sperm). Anyway, I know you will choose wisely.

My BIL has a cheetah and it looks really cool (it's crawling up his leg).

Find you niche and develop from there.

GOD BLESS!

Jamie

Deb..I posted but lost it...I think.....maybe you'll get this twice...ooops

Neway...'you da Debster'...go for it!!!...Wish I had the guts I'd get one too..ha...

I liked Jan's idea with the ribbon...and you could alway's color it up with LCSC in the ribbon or the words...'breath deep' could be real cute and dainty bettween your thumb and first finger...ORRRRRR you could alway's paint a picture of me saying ..'UP YOURS LC'....bad Pammy...

Katie...love the story of you and Deb..too funny...

Stay well everyone..hugs...PamS

Deb,

If you like the ribbon idea, you could always do one with an outline and the center left flesh color to represent the clear ribbon of LC.

I got my first tattoo about a year ago (age 35).

It is a butterfly encased in a globe on my ankle.

I've thought about wanting a tattoo for over 10 years but couldn't pick an image because I didn't want anything cliche like a rose, or butterfly :lol::lol::lol:

But, when I married Keith, we got married in an old mansion that was converted to a museum. They wouldn't let us throw rice or blow bubbles or any of those things people do following a ceremony. Then I found a place on the internet that sold butterfly caccoons to hatch in a decorative box for live butterfly releases. In college, I'd taken a course on mythology, so I knew that there was an old superstition that was believed that butterflies had the power to carry wishes, dreams and prayers on their wings to heaven. So, I ordered 100 butterflies and wrote a little prayer message on the boxes. As we walked down the aisle after the ceremony our guests released 100 beautiful butterflies.

It was a great moment, but it still didn't convince me to start collecting butterfly stuff.

But, since then, Keith would occassionally buy me little trinkets with butterflies on them (like cards, or earrings) because he said they were a reminder of the best day of our lives.

When we went to New Orleans for a consultation prior to enrolling in an experimental treatment, Keith bought me a beautiful butterfly pendant. When we went back to NO 7 months later to get the treatment, I got the tattoo of the butterfly while Keith was in isolation for 10 days in the hospital. It was the longest I ever spent without him by my side and I desperately needed something that made me feel like I had him with me.

I had it put into a globe because the butterfly symbolizes my Keith, and it's in the globe because he means the whole world and more to me.

I love my tattoo. Its more than a pretty picture, it is a permanent symbol of my love and my marriage.

PS. the most painful place on the body to get a tattoo is the lower back. The color white fades within 1-2 years; yellow, pink, and other light pastel colors don't fair much longer. Black, blue, and greens hold up well but for all tattoos to keep the colors true longer always wear a high SPF sunscreen over the tattoo when going into the sun.

Good Luck and Have a Great time with it.

I've always wanted one but never had the

nerve to do it.

I came close a few years ago while I was in

Hawaii, my daughter in laws mother wanted

one so we went to get it together but the

only place we found was closed :(

Now I'm trying to get up the nerve again, it's

hard to do it alone, much easier if you have

someone along to kind of boost you along.

Have you gotten one yet?

In answer to the questions..no, I haven't gotten one yet, I'm still waiting for Frank Lamb to tell me where to put it :shock: . Seriously, November to May is the really busy time at work and on the infrequent 'down time', I'm just too tired to drive to Dallas and get one. My intentions are always there but in reality, there are always a million things to do when I finally have a day off.

If I don't get one soon, I am definitely getting one for my :o 50th birthday in August. I still have no idea what I'll get, with all the awesome ideas on this post, I'm now more confused than ever! It's worth hearing all the tattoo stories though, they are all so neat!

Guest Jensunflower

I got a tatto about two years ago on my right lower hip, right above the pelvic bone- I got a tribal sun, and I love it- I got it for my son when he was admitted to the psychiatric hospital... go for it!

• 2 months later...

I'm 49, female and I have 10 tattoos all over my body and I can tell you that the only one that really, really hurt was the one on my left sholder. :shock: I was diagnosed with lung cancer a week ago and I am having surgery on the 26th of this month. As soon as I heal up I am going to go get another tattoo...but not on my back! :lol: Haven't decided yet what I want but it will be a special one! If you get something you truly like and it has meaning for you I don't think you'll ever regret it. I have found that the ones I like the most are the ones I have drawn for me...not flash.

• 4 months later...

I have many tattoos, each was a kind of a cathartic way to grieve and remember my parents but were not representive of them in any way... when dad was killed I had one on my lower back (some clematis flowers and vines which are what I like not really what my dad would like) This is an area that is not too painful and hides well. When my mom died I had one on my back that only shows if my hair is up and my collar is low in the back (a big dragonfly). It hurt more but was well worth it.

They can tattoo over scars, it kind of detracts from mine in a way. I most recently had a curly vine on my foot, over a large surgical scar, with 3 lady bugs representing each of my kids and it hurt too, but again, was cathartic for me and I wanted to do something to represent what I have instead of the have not... if you pick place where clothing will rub (foot, waist line, bra strap) wait until summer so you can wear lighter looser clothing.

I think when you pick something, it does't have to represent wxactly what happened, just the act of doing it is the celebration of survival.

Whatever you decide I am sure it will be great, it will be a badge of courage and triumph for you!

Look at tattoofinder.com or to see a ton of tattoos on bodies look at rankmytattoo.com