Thank you - I'm "MORE BETTER"

stand4hope

Thank you all so much for the hugs, PMs and emails. I am just overwhelmed with your responses, especially since I have not been very active on the board. Please believe that God will reward everyone of you for your love, your kindness and your caring.

I really am MORE BETTER! I have been so busy with the remodeling that I have hardly had time to take a potty break. It's going to be like this for a couple more weeks, so I probably won't be here much. I must say that the work that has been done is nothing but AWESOME. Just awesome. My sister came in and her mouth dropped open when she saw it, even at this point, while everything is still covered with drywall dust and sheets.

I've had a few people ask me why I'm doing all this. I tell them because "I want to and I can." I guess they think I should shrivel up and go live in a 2-bedroom apartment. I really don't care what they think because I have always wanted these things done. The 2-bedroom (or 1-bedroom) apartment will come some day, but not now, and when it does, I'll be ready for it. I'm pushing 57, not 67, 77 or 87 - not yet. I'm just not quite ready to give it all up.

When I think about what Don would think about all this, I think he would smile and be proud of me, and love the way it looks. In fact, I think he is smiling now and loving me with all his heart. I also know he would be growling about the money I've spent. LOL! But, like always, he would get over it, and just love the way it looks.

You are all in my prayers, and especially those of you who are hurting and struggling right now - Pat and Brian, Addie, Jen, Beth and Bill, Joyce, Nancy, Tina and Charlie, Lynne, Ann, Cindi, etc., etc. - I can't name all of you, but you are all so very, very special. And to all you new people - there are so many of you, my heart and prayers are with you. You'll be ok. Just stay close to this board.

I love you ALL with all my heart. I'll be popping in and will hopefully be able to start catching up with posts in a couple of weeks.

Here come a gazillion hugs right back atcha!

((((((((((((((((((((((((MY FRIENDS))))))))))))))))))))

Love to all,

Peggy

You have an amazing spirit, Peggy. I am in awe over you and I know that "hubby" is too. (remember when he didn't have a name? lol)

I especially love that young man who sat with you at work. That is something I am sure you will never forget. What a gift.

Kinda like Deb's older gentleman friend from the lc booth/fair.

Lots of good people in this world still left, Peggy, still caring, Peggy, still loving you up, Peggy. You have been a cheerleader to all the rest of us, me included, how could we not care about you?

love you, dear. You are doing a good job with your house. I know I would just love it!

Cindi o'h

((((PEGGY)))) !!!! Back at you.

Sooooo glad you are feeling better. I bet your pleace is going to be awesome.

You take all the time you need. You know we will be here when you get back or just check in.

Maryanne :wink:

(((Peggy))),

It really warmed my heart to see you say that you are "more better". You are doing great. I think it's wonderful that you have this project to keep your mind moving forward. I just know Don is so pleased . He would love it because you do or should I say, he does love it.. that is what I believe. Take care Peggy and come when you can.

Love,

Sue

Thanks for letting us know you are 'more better' now, Peggy. We all are so glad to hear that.

And I agree, those who wonder why you are doing what you are....SO WHAT to them! You go for what you want, Peggy. You do what you need to do! I'm in your corner all the way. Do you think you could post some pics of it? I would LOVE to see it!

Glad you are keeping busy. That is a very good thing. We are here when you have the time to visit! Will be thinking of you Thanksgiving, Peggy. Hope it is a good day.

Love,

Kasey

Peggy! MORE BETTER is the BESTEST!

I'm thinking that this may mean "Party at Peggy's Palace". Perhaps after you kick everyone out after the holiday dinners. Not that I'm asking for an invitation or anything like that... :)

I'm with Kase, pics would be divine!

Get that oven warmed up girl!

Love,

Lynne

To my More Better Friend,

Wonderful to read you're post and know that the days have passed and you are taking those steps forward and feeling good about it! I too would love to see some pics if there is any way! I am sure it is beautiful! Thanks for the hugs back Peggy, no one can get too many hugs!

Love you and God Bless,

Jane

Peggy...I am so much better knowing that you're so much better so I guess that we're both much more better! Hey, girlfriend, I always thought you were the very bestest anyway! OK...on a serious note...I'm really glad things are looking a bit brighter for you. It's just so easy to have these down days. Sometimes, I really have to talk myself out of being down. It's getting about the time of year that I have to give myself a lot of those pep talks...if you know what I mean?

Peggy,

THANK YOU! All I can tell you is that you give me such hope. I read every post of yours and can literally feel your strength and know that there is hope that everything will be "more better" for all of us soon! Not a day goes by that I don't look west and think of you and your wonderful Don!

So glad you are keeping busy...but, hey, let me tell you...a two-bedroom apartment sounds like a slice of heaven to me. I'm sick and tired of cleaning all these bedrooms and bathrooms. :D

Love,