Just found out my husband has cancer!

JennyS

Hi guys, I don't know if you remember me but I wrote a few things a got quite a bit of help in the nsclc message board; I have just found out that my husband has lung cancer; 2 weeks after the biopsy they have finally named it....Anaplastic carcinoma - not otherwise specified??? which apparently means that they are 80% sure that it is non small cell but there are small cells shown in the biopsy result...it is also 7cm....and seems to be embedded in the chest wall. He has to have an ultrasound guided biopsy of the pleural fluid next week as they say to get a staging. He has 3 small nodules around lymph nodes but this did not show up on PET scan...only on CT scan. I am scared because they believe that they can do surgery on it...but if it is small cell, have I got reason to worry that it might spread to another part of his body while waiting surgery?

I hope someone can allay my fears...My husband is only 45 years young!

Thanks again for your support and even tho I haven't been on the site for a while....you have all been in my thoughts.

Take care

Jenny

oh criminy, Jenny, I just can hardly stand it!

I am just sick about this. You just go through this with your feisty mum and now your young husband too?

Well, I wish you would have come to us sooner. How in the world was it discovered anyway?

Listen. It sounds as if he has an extraordinary pathology. Also, it sounds as if the pathologist is either confused or or thorough in his dx. Hard to know from our meager perspectives isn't it?

I do know this. There is supposed to be the BEST lung cancer pathologist in the world at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. I read this somewhere a long time ago, and I packed it away somewhere up there, knowing what a value that could be to me or to someone else.

If you wanted a second opinion, this would be where to go.

In any event. Please know that I am surely thinking of you and your husband and spiteful mum :wink: at this time. Blessings to all of you.

love, Cindi o'h