jcawork scan update- It sucks

jcawork

Hi,

Well the Guru read my scans and says its in my liver and Topo is not working anymore. Everything else seems stable or smaller. Head MRI was fine, for now. I am having my right ovary radiated starting this week as its pressing on my ureter tube and causing problems. They think it may be the cause of my pelvic pain, but to me it doesnt explain 5 months of diareaha as bowels checked out okay.

I am very depressed and of course thinking all the doom and gloom that I can. I always felt better that it had not hit my liver. Well, thats over. How long can you live w/ liver mets? Also dont know what my next chemo will be. Blood transfusions due to low reds. I feel beat to shi_ quite honestly and pissed off.

Thanks for listening.

Love,

Jen

You have every right to feel depressed, beat to s*** and p/o'ed. Let it all out!

I am hoping and praying there is something more they can do for you. Miracles do happen....ya probably don't wanna hear this right now, but they do.

I'm gonna keep praying for you, and your family.

Peace and Love!

Jen,

When my Husband was diagnosed he had liver mets, they never really had any effect on him, they would shrink and get larger, this went on for over 15 months. Have you seen the post by schmaydee? He is taking a new drug that looks very promising for Small Cell CLOREZATINE, please ask your Doctor about that, Read the post also, I wish we had had the chanch, the topitican is really harsh on the counts and it seems as we could never do the protical.

Thinking of You

Rosemary

Hi Jen,

Damn, it does suck big time. You certainly have had more than enough of this. You are carrying around an incredible load on those pretty shoulders of yours. But you just keep on fighting and never give up. Things could turn around for you at anytime.

I am sorry you are so depressed, I wish I could do something to help you through that. I feel so helpless..

All I can do is send you mega prayers.

Maryanne

Jen,

I'm sorry you got news that means you have another issue to face. As if you needed another, right? :roll:

I PM'd you with info found on various websites. Sounds to me like liver mets are pretty common and lots of treatment alternatives exist.

Maybe this will lead you to a chemo or treatment that will have a better effect all around. Sending all caring thoughts and strength to you.

Leslie

Hi Jen,

I was sorry to read the news. Like the others have said, it's perfectly normal to be upset. What a rollercoaster ride, eh?

My friend's father has 8 liver tumours (most of them large) and he has been living - and living well - with them for 2.5 years. There is still hope. I continue to pray for you.

Kel

Jen,

offering you many many prayers and I am pissed off with you. As for the feeling of doom and gloom, do not beat yourself up for having those feelings. I think most of us go through that when we find out about new mets. Please keep the faith and keep up the fight, you have many people in your corner.

Debbie

Husband Alan DX small cell lung cancer Jan 10th 2005

Jen...I'm continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I can tell you that the CPT-11 and Cisplatin combo really kicked butt with the cancer in Dennis' liver. It was all clear after the first round of treatment. Just hang tough and remember we're all pulling for you!