Happy Thanksgiving , no matter what your circumstances

Leslie221

One thing I've learned from this cancer experience, is that the very skills and attributes and attitudes that allow me to have beautiful, meaningful days despite having this disease, are the very same skills and attributes and attitudes that allow anyone to appreciate life at any time, for any reason. Wish I'd known that years ago. Better late than never!

Since Thanksgiving is this coming week, I found some quotes about gratitude and thankfullness.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

--Albert Schweitzer

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.

--Buddha

I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it

--William Arthur Ward

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

--Epicurus c.341-270 BC, Greek Philosopher

Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do that day, which must be done, whether you like it or not.

--James Russell Lowell 1819-1891

When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.

--Sam Lefkowitz

i thank You God for most this amazing day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes

--e.e. cummings (from one of his poems)

"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have"

--Stephen Hawking

“I take nothing for granted. I now have only good days or great days.”

--Lance Armstrong

"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."

--Woody Allen quotes

I truly say Amen. It was the Sunday after Thanksgiving last year that I first coughed up blood which was the beginning of my journey with NSCLC. I am thankful to be here THIS THANKSGIVING with NED to tell you all that. I thank each of you for the support and kindness that you have given to me on this journey. May God Bless you all. Thank you.