Those who live out of state from the one with LC

KatieB

Hi Katie,

When my Brother was ill he lived 3 hours away in another state and I know how very difficult that was. My job is providing a home and training for (at the time 3 mentally handicapped men) One has since passed on from Cancer also. My Husband told me to go when ever I needed to and not to worry about the guys here that he would take care of everything and he did.

I felt so distanced from my Brother and wanted to be in his everyday life. I had another Brother tell me I needed to be there with him as much as I could for him but even more so for me. I began going to be with him every 2 weeks for 3 and 4 days at a time. I felt I was in the loop then and could oversee his treatments and get to know his DR's and spend the quality time I needed to with my Brother. This was our life line to each other. I know you are in a completly different situation as far as distance and that is heartbreaking. I know that as soon as I left my Brother I missed him and kept in touch with him by phone daily. There were times he didnt want to talk and I understood. I guess all I am saying is that I truly understand how you feel and dont have the answers for you but do want you to know I care very much. Your Brother will be in my daily prayers and if I know you at all from this board, you will find the answers. What would be ideal would be for him to come and stay with you but he may not think so. It is so hard to give up your independance. My love and support to you Dear Katie.

God Bless you all,

Jane

I can imagine how hard this is for you. There were a few times when I lived in MN and Mom was hospitalized here for non-c issues. I had the two small kids, a job that I couldn't stray from for too long, and limited resources for trip $$$.

I was lucky enough to have a brother living in OK who could help out, and another bro. in MN who could drive through the night w/o getting tired. We did a few of those drives! I guess my point is that, even with that, it ate me up inside not being able to be here when my mom needed me. I can't imagine what this is doing to you.

Poor Katie, you have all of us needy folks to deal with on top of everything else. :) Without any clever words of advice, know that I empahtize with you, and that I am praying for your family. I hope you all get some relief soon.

:) Kelly