NODULE'S DO YOU HAVE THEM?

Connie B

Whew, Donna!!!! I was pretty worried about that lingula thing. It sounded like maybe the doc thought it was something bad. I am SO relieved you got a good report.

BTW....isn't Saturday the 8th anniversary for you???? You are my hero - you know that. So I know I am early but...BIG time congrats on 8 years of survivorship. You ROCK big time in my book

Love,

Kasey

I am not even the patient and I stress over Alan's nodules. The latest one grew from his last CT scan 3.0cm up from 1.3cm. It could be a patch of pnuemonia, so he is on antibiotics, could be radiation scarring, could be the cancer growing again. could be, could be, could be :?:? . so we watch, wait and re-scan in feb to be sure antibiotics have time to work (because it could be pnuemonia!!!)

Oh and by the way I have finally finished Alan's profile and had Katie post our picture!!! Only took me 6 months. :oops:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Connie,

My sister several yrs. ago had a rare strange disease. Long long story, but eventually she had to have her spleen out. She had floating nodules all over her lungs for two yrs. that they kept checking. After her surgery within one yr.the nodules disappeared. Strange but true. There theory at the Univ. of PA hosp. was that they were little infections floating around. So who knows the true definition of nodules .

• 1 month later...

Never wanted to be in this club ha ha.

y hubby and I went for screening cat scan,both had nodes....what are the odds of that? I am non smoker but my Dad just dx with nslc, he was smoker. My hubby big smoker,we are both in early forties. I have one 6mm,my hubby possible three and one is spiculated...thatis the one I am worried about,though it is small 6mm. The catch 22 is when they find these suckers so small they can be tricky to dx,and all the folloew up scans expose you to 3 years of background radiation!! (each) My doc said I should have never gone for scan....for this reason. But now it is too late and the waiting and worrying I am not doing well with.I feel like I am going crazy..spending hours on the computer.. I almost have my medical degree LOL!! Well at least I am not alone...thanks for listening and God Bless Debbie

Welcome Snow; If you have to join a club I guess this one isn't really the worst club to join. This is just the DREADED NODULE CLUB! :roll::wink:

You'll see lots of infomation here regarding the dreaded NODULE! You'll also see that some people have had there's for years and others just learned of there's. Either way, the tend to cause some major HAVOC.

I also wish to share with you that lung cancer or having nodules are NOT just a smoking related disease or health issue. We have a LOT of people here that never smoked or never were around second hand smoke and they are either a lung cancer survivor or they are also dealing with the dreaded Nodules!

As ELLAKC2 Posted just above your post, Nodules can be nothing more then an INFECTION! That is so TRUE! Or they can be Scar Tissue from past illnesses of bronchitis or pneumonia. They can even be TB related. And Yes they can be cancer SOMEDAY, and Maybe NOT!

Now some people may think I take this subject lightly, but I don't. I know only TOO WELL that these dreaded Nodules can become cancer. I have one we've been watching for almost 4 years now, and my Dreaded Nodule hasn't done a thing in all that time.

Here in Minnesota they are doing an 8 million dollar Study on the Dreaded Nodules detecting them via CT scans. The truth is, they are trying to see if the CT scan is the best tool for diagnosing lung cancer at an early stage. Doing this, they have learned of the Dreaded NODULE. So far they say that most nodules are NOTHING to be concerned about. (Easy for them to say) :roll::wink: , but like most things they may sit there for years and years and years and never become cancer. So, is the CT scan a good tool for early detection for lung cancer, or is it a tool that is opening up a can of worms with the Dreaded Nodule?

They are in the 4th year of this 8 year study. SO, we have a ways to go.

I have a grandson who is 5 years old and he has MANY MANY MANY MANY Nodules in his brain. The U of M and Mayo confirmed this is his DNA and is nothing to be worried about. We learned this because my grandson is deaf. So there's another issue regardig the Dreaded Nodule. :roll::wink:

I really think that the Medical Professionals are out on a limb regarding these NODULE issues that are popping up all over the place. I have talked to several doctor's on the Dreaded Nodule issue and they have all just rolled there eyes :roll: at me and really didn't say much about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for posting in wrong place.

Went for my physical on 02-17-06,chest x-ray: suspect mild emphysenatous changes with basilar scarring, no acute finding detected. With my mother passing with lc 9 years ago, and previous chest x-ray 01-04, was within normal limits, she stated that I needed a ct w/wo contrast. Lungs are clear except 3.0 mm non calcified pleural based nodule left upper lobe, linear scarring versus atelectasis involving r middle lobe and lingula.. Impression: minor linear atelectasis versus scarring involving right middle lobe and lingula. No mention of the nodule. I see pulmonary this thursday. I do not know what to expect, guess what I am trying to say is I am scared to death. I was searching the net and come across this site. I am sorry this is so long. Any additional info would be appreciated.

Welcome Kennetha to the Dreaded Nodule Club. I'll bet you never thought you would be in a Nodule Club??

Although, I never thought I would have ever seen a Nodule Club! :roll::wink:

So you have a 3mm nodule. You know as of right now, that's all you have is a Nodule and nothing more then a nodule. And a tiny nodule at that. :wink:

I totally understand your concern, but it could be just about anything, and not always does it have to be lung cancer. So, your going to worry yourself sick over this until Thursday? hummm! Well, what can I say to you to make you feel at ease??? How about if I say, all that worry isn't going to make it better for you. It could just be an infection.

Snow is right when she says they watch them. That's about all they can do because they are so sooooo small.

Your amoung good people, and we'll walk the walk with you. Keep us posted how your appointment goes Thursday.

I really feel somewhat relieved, like I said, when I would research on the internet, everything would relate back to lc. By reading in this forum, I know that it could be nothing, :D but on the other hand it could be something :cry: My doc doesnt seem to be very concerned, and Connie you are right, worry does not solve anything, my husband tells me we have to take day by day, and minute by minute if we have to.

Thanks for allowing me to talk with others that has gone thru this or just now going thru it.

I know it is hard not to worry...the ratio with these things are about 60% are noncancer 40% turn out to be malignant.Depending on alot of factors calcification...or lack there of...shape...and history of person who has them...age...smoking history...family history etc.Yours is really small...that is good. I know even though I know all these facts and the odds are in my favor i STILL worry...human nature I guess.We all say dont worry but it is hard...let us know how it goes Deb